Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Default R.I.P Mum

I feel a bit awkward typing this and starting this post, but as with alot of things, often writing things down (or typing in this case) can help the process.

My mum passed away last Tuesday (14th June) and we buried her this week, on Monday. Whilst mum was very sick with complications from diabetes - mainly heart failure/fatigue and renal/kidney failure, it still a shock to us. She has been very ill and was in hospital for the last three months. Towards the end, I think that she was about to start to suffer as her kidnies were starting to shut down.

Mum passed away in her sleep on Tuesday afternoon, and I am glad that she didn't suffer anymore for too long. Mum also had moderate dementia so she never understood the full extent of her illness, but she still remembered all of us. She just forgot many other things and struggled to understand logic sometimes.

I was the last one to see mum and speak to her before she passed.

This has been the hardest week of my life, and going up to tell dad in person mum was gone was very difficult. So too was the funeral on Monday. Carrying her coffin, and then placing it in the vault, touching her for the last time was just gut wrenching stuff.

My dad is 79 years old, and just lost his partner of 54 years, so our focus now has to be that we are strong for him. He is truely a trooper and my admiration for him has increaed 100-fold.

I don't expect people to respind to this thread, and I apologise if it is a little morbid, but I guess I just wanted to share. Even though mum had the church packed with standing room only and I have a large family, I also consider this forum part of family in a funny way.

R.I.P Mum.... you will be sadly missed forever...

Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post