Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Default Air/Fuel Gauge

I was wondering if anyone knows which wires running form the oxygen sensor on the I6 motor is the signal wire. Iv tried searching the technical resources and wiring diagrams but can't find it. Does anyone know what colour it is?

Also you need to hook up a wire to your ignition anyone know which/where this wire is?

Iv lost the gergorys manual

Old 28-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I have a V8, and it hooks up to wire # 35 & 61 on the ECU. On the I6, one of these is a blank spot, so tap it into the one that actually has a wire. The wire colour is either light blue with a light green stripe, or just light blue.

With the power and earth wires, I just tapped them into my stereo power and earth wires - the gauge only draws about 5w max, so it's no real extra power drain on the radio circuit.

Easiest way to tap these in is to strip a bit of insulation off the wire you want to tap into, spread the wires and then put the end of the new wire into the spread wires, wrap and solder, and then tape thoroughly.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #3
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

On the AU the swnsor signal wire is always black on the actual sensor wiring BUT DO NOT tap in.to the wiring of the actual sensor always go into the vehicles loom instead. The oxy sensor actually picks up a reference air signal through the wiring. It actually sucks a minute amount of air through the wire from the plug and it uses this referance atmospheric oxygen to compare to the exhaust oxygen content. This is critical to good sensor operation. The colour of the signal wire on the other side of the plug is green/ black I think. Or if ya want to pick it up off the computer itself so all your wiring stays in the cabin pm me and ill dig up a ecu wiring diagram for you.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post