Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
J.O

Default Drivers side lock jammed

i'm having trouble getting the lock button to come up and done. The remote is operating fine because all the other doors lock/unlock fine, but the car beeps at me unless i physically push the drivers button down before i get out.

The button goes up and down normally if i use the key to get in or pull on the interior handle, otherwise it's stuck. I can hear the motor running when i press the switch by the steering wheel or use the remote, and it sounds normal... i think.

I read in another post that the button can get sticky and can come loose if you lubricate it. Does the door trim just pull off the strip of metal connected to the button, or do you remove the plastic surrounding the button on the interior?

Should i give this a go, or does the motor need to be replaced?

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

i'd try lubricating the knob first.
there are just a few screws in the skin and then it pulls off...there is a tech article on the AU site which spells it all out with pretty diagrams lol.
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

where abouts are you J.O

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
J.O

Springvale.

Btw can anyone post a link to the tech guide that shows how to remove the door properly. I can't seem to find it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
smally289
growing up is optional

Sounds like the actuator is stuffed. Have replaced so many of these I have lost count.
They have plastic gears and shafts inside and they have a nasty habit of breaking.
New replacement from Ford will be a BA part and you will need a wiring connector adaptor to make it fit your car.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #6
The Monty
Just slidin'

Got my left front actuator done by Tibbo on the weekend. Drove around for a bit, and my rear one crapped itself. Must have been about all it could take.