Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #15661
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
so, is the Ivermectin that is used here as a cattle drench, the same as the Ivermectin used to treat COVID in the States. I am led to believe they are different drugs, but the same name

Apparently America has the same drench for cattle but it is not the same as the COVID treatment. We are laughing at the Yanks for taking Ivermectin, but what if their 'Ivermectin' is a treatment for COVID?
If it does work Trev it certainly hasn't worked looking at the 600,too dead it's just the anti vaxxers trying to latch onto anything but get vaccinated

I was listening to talkback in the truck on night shift last night and this guy rings up NZ from Indonesia to say that he had knowledge of some government official reporting on statistics from Victoria that the majority of people that died had been double vaccinated he said he'd recieved emails about it

The host debunked it saying the official got the stats the wrong way around and it was actually all the people that had died were not vaccinated he corrected himself 5 minutes later

The amazing thing is that's how quick the anti vaxxers are to latch on to anything that supports their cause even when its false and send it around the world quick as that

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
4 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 02:17 PM   #15662
Trevor 57
is now there

yep, like the video of the NSW CHO when he got the numbers around the wrong way, it showed up on an American drag racing site FFS. The vast majority of the the posters on there are Trump supporters, anti-vaccine, anit-COVID, ant-mask, anti-liberal. It is as funny as hell to read some of their posts

For the past few weeks the lock-downs in Australia and the protest marches have loomed high in the post count. I should point out that the busiest part of the forum is totally un-moderated and I mean TOTALLY un-moderated
Old 05-10-2021, 04:27 PM   #15663
hayseed

Quote:
I should point out that the busiest part of the forum is totally un-moderated and I mean TOTALLY un-moderated
Sounds Like it would be Chockablock full of Keyboard Warriors & Facebook Lawyers & Engineers..
Old 05-10-2021, 04:30 PM   #15664
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

I see that Australia has now surpassed the United States in the percentage of people being vaccinated. Look out Germany, here we come! 12th is our next goal.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 04:51 PM   #15665
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Sounds Like it would be Chockablock full of Keyboard Warriors & Facebook Lawyers & Engineers..
it is, gets pretty full on at times, people outing people (called 'doxing' on there), people showing up at other peoples doors to make them accountable for what they said on the forum? Although the 'doxing is banned now, it will get you booted for good. Only recently they banned racism as well, before that phew, anything goes. Anything racist will get you an immediate ban

It is pretty funny at times, all the 'election was stolen' stuff. 'Biden is NOT my President' COVID is bull-****, Ivermectin is the best cure

The forum was established by a drag racer and there could be upwards of 2000 people on there at a time, but about 5 years ago he sold it to a Canadian company and they brought the racism and doxing rules in

oh and Facebook is **** lol

Last edited by Trevor 57; 05-10-2021 at 04:56 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 04:56 PM   #15666
nstg8a

From what I understand when the yanks use ivermectin it’s in conjunction with three other drugs, and it’s the cocktail of those drugs that gives it its effect ness.

It’s sad how quickly people are jumping on suggestions of other treatments.
Many countries around the world are using different treatments with differing levels of success.
Just because it may seem unusual doesn’t mean it won’t work.
People should be asking more questions of the local govt… or where is the promised 4000 icu beds for Victoria?
Why does there appear to be no interest in the media from the obvious conflicts of interest that are being spread around the internet?
If it’s misinformation then address it as such, if it’s true then Investigate it.

All this secrecy just fuels the rumours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #15667
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I see that Australia has now surpassed the United States in the percentage of people being vaccinated. Look out Germany, here we come! 12th is our next goal.

where is Isreal on that list, I thought they were the ducks-guts
Old 05-10-2021, 05:28 PM   #15668
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
…The forum was established by a drag racer and there could be upwards of 2000 people on there at a time, but about 5 years ago he sold it to a Canadian company and they brought the racism and doxing rules in.
Verticalscope bought that forum?
Old 05-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #15669
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Do you mean like people who should read this sign?

Old 05-10-2021, 06:02 PM   #15670
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Do you mean like people who should read this sign?
I believed everything this guy told me.

2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 06:02 PM   #15671
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Can’t you actually get a BSc or BE with 51% in most subjects and the odd Terminating Pass mixed in?
Old 05-10-2021, 06:19 PM   #15672
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Just because it may seem unusual doesn’t mean it won’t work.
And what about when doctors warn not to use it because it not only doesn't work, but it also requires an unsafe dose to not work? Then can we address it as misinformation?
Old 05-10-2021, 06:57 PM   #15673
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
*snip*
Literally the first 30 seconds and it confirms what we already know about vaccines but drops it like a bombshell admission.
Yes, if you are exposed to SARS-CoV-2 you can develop antibodies. The obvious downside is that you've just been exposed to SARS-CoV-2...

The vaccine makes your body develop the antibodies without the exposure to the harmful virus.
This information is no secret and available to anyone who is willing to look for it. No negative anti-vax spin required.

https://www.science.org/content/arti...-remains-vital

Again, this is the point of how vaccines work. Developing the necessary antibodies by exposing yourself to a harmless version of the virus* instead of the harmful one. All knowledge that we've had access to for, what, 80 years?

*these days, there isn't even an inactive virus in vaccines at all to appease anti-vax conspiracy theorists.

Last edited by Metdevil; 05-10-2021 at 07:02 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 07:02 PM   #15674
PhilT2

In the past project veritas has used internet dating sites to set up "dates"for their under cover reporters with staff of the organisation they are targetting. So the guys they are talking to are not providing factual information they're just saying what they hope will get them laid.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:06 PM   #15675
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

As annoying as it is when I actually want to watch a youtube video, our work has the default selection turned on (and you can't turn it off) to 'restricted mode', which means the majority of the youtube videos posted in this thread are unavailable to me. It does have its advantages

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 07:09 PM   #15676
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
In the past project veritas has used internet dating sites to set up "dates"for their under cover reporters with staff of the organisation they are targetting. So the guys they are talking to are not providing factual information they're just saying what they hope will get them laid.
As I was watching these I thought it sounded more like casual conversation than someone 'whistleblowing', so this makes a lot of sense.

Crap like this is the reason this pandemic has gone on for so long, because what they're sharing is correct, but they've gone and made it seem like it's an exposé on 'big pharma'.
This is exactly the toxic journalism which spins facts into misunderstanding into straight up misinformation...
Old 05-10-2021, 07:38 PM   #15677
cosworthfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Can’t you actually get a BSc or BE with 51% in most subjects and the odd Terminating Pass mixed in?
Not really. A lot of ‘Pass’ marks have been 60% in the sciences (especially health sciences) and unis have used negative marking for exams more and more (meaning 60% is harder to get). Can’t just guess your way through.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:51 PM   #15678
cosworthfreak

Quote:
so, is the Ivermectin that is used here as a cattle drench, the same as the Ivermectin used to treat COVID in the States. I am led to believe they are different drugs, but the same name

Apparently America has the same drench for cattle but it is not the same as the COVID treatment. We are laughing at the Yanks for taking Ivermectin, but what if their 'Ivermectin' is a treatment for COVID?
Hi Trev

The US FDA has published a good info page on this: Why you should not use Ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19

Cheers
Jamie
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 07:54 PM   #15679
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I feel as flat as hell since having my second jab, no real aches or pains apart from tenderness at the injection site and a slight headache but keep getting waves of nauseus feeling, dizziness, tiredness, dehydration and irritability.
I’m not looking forward to me second vaccine. I have a heart condition and anxiety. I ended up getting checked out in hospital after my first jab due to chest pain.
Oh well can’t do much about it. Ill just hope for the best for the next one.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 08:03 PM   #15680
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
NSW/VIC

NSW records 603 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9542 (from 0.9539) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve again.

VIC records 1,763 cases in the current period (a new record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0986 (from 1.0834) while the actual line is now well above the predictive trend.

Week 12 in Victoria ended today with 23,819 cases to date compared to 20,145 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak and 33,891 for the NSW 2021 outbreak. Weekly case numbers sees Victoria closing in on NSW and I expect that those numbers will pass NSW in the next week or so bearing in mind that we are comparing historical data for NSW with current data for Victoria as NSW is about 3.5 weeks ahead. It should be noted that this last week is the first time Victoria has more cases than NSW although they are at different stages of their respective outbreaks.

The worrying thing from my perspective Russ is that NSW didnt really ramp up its lockdowns until closer to the peak and have managed to get it trending down again, parts of Victoria has been in lockdown for months now and its increasing at a rapid rate of knots despite that.

If i was a Victorian i wouldnt be arguing the point on an internet forum or protesting in the streets, id be getting jabbed ASAP and spending time with loved ones because some of them might not be around this time next year as tin foil as that may sound.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #15681
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I’m not looking forward to me second vaccine. I have a heart condition and anxiety. I ended up getting checked out in hospital after my first jab due to chest pain.
I know where you're coming from mate, i too have a heart condition and suffer from anxiety.
If i can do anything to help put your mind at rest let me say that from around 8pm last night the symptoms went away and i went to work today feeling fine.
My advice, drink heaps of water, they tell you that during your booking but i looked around the post jab waiting room and not too many went anywhere near the water coolers, i stood next to it and kept filling my cup and felt ok for the first 18 hrs, the following day i hardly drank anything and had no appetite and i believe this contributed to my feeling of unwell.

Keep us updated, if you need to talk we're here to listen.
5 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 08:14 PM   #15682
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone think we might have another spike in numbers in NSW after the NRL Grand Final celebrations?
I am guessing it might start to show at the end of the week.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2021, 09:03 PM   #15683
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
The 1st one for me was worse than the second felt like Bent 8 did , hopefully your the same

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 05-10-2021, 09:13 PM   #15684
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Estrogen is strong tonight.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:32 PM   #15685
Metdevil

Quote:
Because apparently it's feminine to be properly informed? No wonder men typically die younger than women...
Old 05-10-2021, 11:01 PM   #15686
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
it is, gets pretty full on at times, people outing people (called 'doxing' on there), people showing up at other peoples doors to make them accountable for what they said on the forum? Although the 'doxing is banned now, it will get you booted for good. Only recently they banned racism as well, before that phew, anything goes. Anything racist will get you an immediate ban

It is pretty funny at times, all the 'election was stolen' stuff. 'Biden is NOT my President' COVID is bull-****, Ivermectin is the best cure

The forum was established by a drag racer and there could be upwards of 2000 people on there at a time, but about 5 years ago he sold it to a Canadian company and they brought the racism and doxing rules in

oh and Facebook is **** lol
Do you go onto the dark net Trev?
Old 05-10-2021, 11:52 PM   #15687
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
And what about when doctors warn not to use it because it not only doesn't work, but it also requires an unsafe dose to not work? Then can we address it as misinformation?

What about when doctors disagree?
Old 06-10-2021, 12:22 AM   #15688
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Real alphas make vague comments on forums directed to no one in particular.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 12:38 AM   #15689
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m a double Alfa male.

It’s interesting to read all these experiences with Pfizer other than the muscular issues some of my friends had. Starting to think I got off lightly with my A-Z man flu.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 06:30 AM   #15690
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
What about when doctors disagree?
They can disagree all they like, they can't come up with the proof that Ivermectin is approved as an anti-viral or effective against covid. If they don't have the evidence to back up their claims then of course it can be claimed as being misinformation.

In any case, I would probably side with the likes of Patient Safety Organisations which agree unanimously rather than outliers. If the FDA, MedSafe, the CDC, and the WHO are all drawing the same conclusion, I would tend to agree with them.

I would also question the doctors who are giving an unapproved medication to their patients, and also point out the hypocrisy of said patients who repeatedly claim that a vaccine is 'experimental' and 'untested' only to then line up for the same...
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread