Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 14-09-2005, 12:03 AM   #1
TXWhat
Power Wanted

Default Yay car back...

Greetings all...if you didnt read my previous thread..i managed to obliterate a gearbox in my 88 telstar...well today i ifnally got it back with a nice...wouldnt say new one but a decently new one out of a smashed tx5...im glad its back on the road...im contemplating looking for a bit more performance as im feeling rather peckerish with just my pod filter..any suggestions? I got my awesome custome number plate yesterday also..TXWHAT....mmm i love having money nowadays

88 Telstar Ghia Sedan.....All alpine sound..hu..500w amp..300w 12 inch suub..6x9s custom fitted in front doors...6x9s on parcel shelf...little 4 inch speakers in factory positions in front..Now dropped 1.5 inches..rolling on 16s...need power!
TXWhat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 12:18 AM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah its good to get ya car back. I blew a box and my car was off the road for a week. It was such a pain in the **** seeing as though it blew up the same day after I got it back from a service. It happened after I got the gear shifter bushes changed so naturally I was suspicious they screwed it. But now its all good and i just enjoy crusin.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 01:11 AM   #3
Kryton

good to see its back on the road. if your looking for extra KWs you cant beat racing stripes!
either that or some rice stickers on the front guard.
seriously though if you want some extra power go to the zorst shop or local mechanical performance shop for a nice engine rebuild. either that or a TURBO.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

all you bloody hoons.........ive had 3 tx5/626 (88-89-89) i havent blown a box.......jeez

good luck with the car
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #5
TXWhat
Power Wanted

haha cant beat the rice stickers on the front..nah i htink im happy with my AC/DC and alberts sticker on it..yer im thinking bout maybe the turbo route..but that would mean an engine change as im rather sure that the ol' N/A motor wont handle a turbo...hoon..me..never (A)...lol
88 Telstar Ghia Sedan.....All alpine sound..hu..500w amp..300w 12 inch suub..6x9s custom fitted in front doors...6x9s on parcel shelf...little 4 inch speakers in factory positions in front..Now dropped 1.5 inches..rolling on 16s...need power!
TXWhat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 08:58 PM   #6
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

different compression ratio.

2.2NA 8.6:1
2.2T 7.8

different gearbox and flywheel

2.2NA 8" fly, 1" driveshafts (these are from memory)
2.2T 12" fly, 2" driveshafts

overall everything on the 2.2T is beefier to the NA
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
Old 14-09-2005, 09:16 PM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX5 GT
overall everything on the 2.2T is beefier to the NA
No s**t Dion lol. You got to be kidding me, I never knew that hahhaha
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #8
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

well youd have no idea how many people say they are identical

come here beeyatch i have a turbo and a NA in my driveway check it out 4 ur self
(thats basically what i say)