Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 18-09-2005, 10:04 PM   #1
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Interesting....

Hmm today while looking under my engine bay I noticed a stamp saying "FE" or something along those lines just under the exhaust. Not sure if it was directly stamped onto the engine or a part off the block but sure got me thinking.

Is it possible I might have FE parts fiitted on my car or is it just because its a universal part used for FE3 and F2 engines. Sure raised my curiosity though seeing as though the engine head is SOHC.

MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 04:55 PM   #2
TX5 GT
Sold one of the Telstars

definately not a fe3, you cant even put the SOHC head onto the fe3 block. Most likely a part that fits both.

dont worry the rego papers on my 2.2NA have a FE prefix on the number.........
CAI - SUNROOF - ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION - SOUND SYSTEM - CRONOS FRONT END - 4SPEED AUTO - 15PSI - EXHAUST - FRONT MOUNT COOLER - HEAVY DUTY BANDS - TORSEN LSD - DYNOED AT 145KW ATW @ 6000RPM everything after 4 speed auto is a typo
TX5 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i know the engine isnt an FE3 it was just strange to find the FE prefix stamped onto something. Ill try and get pics up. Sure would be awesome if it was an FE3 but when I remembered my car is SOHC i was just confused.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 12:27 AM   #4
TXWhat
Power Wanted

I found the same thing on my 88 telstar....didnt presume it would be an FE3 though..still rather interesting though
88 Telstar Ghia Sedan.....All alpine sound..hu..500w amp..300w 12 inch suub..6x9s custom fitted in front doors...6x9s on parcel shelf...little 4 inch speakers in factory positions in front..Now dropped 1.5 inches..rolling on 16s...need power!
TXWhat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post