Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Bakis
XR6ED

Default Considering a 07/08 TDCI?

Hi guys, there is a long story that has let me down the path to wanting a Focus Hatch TDCI, but basically the round up is that once i got off my P's i wanted a XR6t or XR8 and ive been looking for some months and haven't found anything near what i want (6 Speed Manual, leather, colour screen and sunroof).

So unless 1 crops up soon im thinking focus but im still keeping my E series, so for a daily run around im considering a TDCI. Insurance should be cheaper then a "sports falcon" or even a XR5 and running costs should be way down too.

Just want to ask if there are any options like sunroof and leather available on a TDCI cause all the cars on car sales have neither?

Looking at spending around the 20 - 23 thou mark so it will be greatly cheaper then a falcon or xr5 and with the money saved will be looking at basic mods like audio, rims and lowered soon maybe cold air and exhaust in future as well.

Choosing a diesel over a petrol cause girlfriend has a TDCI Mondeo and its awesome engine and delivers good economy in that car about 8.5l/100 (90% 'city driving') so focus manual should be better and more perky.

Should keep u posted on updates
Regards
James

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The TDCi's don't come out with a sunroof or leather option. You'd have to do this after market.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
gregg_13
2016 PX2 Ranger XLT

My missus has an 08 TDCi and 55 bucks does nearly 900km's, and thats in traffic,
gregg_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
Bakis
XR6ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JutroXR8
The TDCi's don't come out with a sunroof or leather option. You'd have to do this after market.
Thanks just wanted that cleared up, i find it a little silly but ford would have there reasons. Sunroof is no big issue... Leather on the other had, cheers Jutro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg_13
My missus has an 08 TDCi and 55 bucks does nearly 900km's, and thats in traffic,
Yh thats the main buying point for me would only need to fill up once every month if that so ill be saving alot money.

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post