Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
hambo_12

Default Noise from xr6 ute

Recently Ive noticed a noise coming from underneath my ute. Its a whirring noise, gets faster as I speed up, and is worst while turning. Under braking the noise gets a lot worse as it slows down.

It only recently happened. Could this be brakes, or something else??

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #2
hambo_12

Anyone ?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Where abouts "underneath"? Could be the trans, a wheel bearing or something in the diff.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
hambo_12

Yeah underneath, but its hard to tell where exactly. Sort of makes a slight grinding noise while slowing down as well, but a whining noise when travelling.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I have been getting a similar issue .... and mine sounds like a front left wheel bearing.
If it sounds like it is coming from under the ute ... I suspect a rear wheel bearing as gone ... one way of checking is jack the rear up and see if the wheel shifts around when trying to push it in and out from top/bottom of tyre.

Mine sounds more of a tyre roar ... but I still had it after new tyres were fitted.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #6
hambo_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Mine sounds more of a tyre roar ... but I still had it after new tyres were fitted.
Thats an interesting way of putting it, I could describe mine sort of like tyre roar at low speeds, but at high speeds it is more higher pitched...
Old 30-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #7
hambo_12

Well, Ive had the clutch and thrust bearing replaced for another reason, but the whining / whirring noise is still there :(