Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Brake rotors & pads

hey guys in the process of changing over my front disc rotors and pads (im already running BA type standard rotors and pads) just wondering what prices people are paying and what pads there using..im looking at DBA slotted with ultimate pads best prices ive got so far are DBA $98each or RDA $210pair ill get the DBA i reakon...pads ultimates $118...gonna get prices on Ferodo Formula & EBC GREENSTUFF Pads tomorrow...

cheers clint...

Last edited by waggaclint; 21-04-2008 at 08:28 PM.
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

See what price you can get for the Bendix GCT's whilst you're at it.
Old 22-04-2008, 01:53 AM   #3
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

I got a good deal with Just brakes where i get all 4 RDA slotted rotors for $260, i rang them up and said i could get them for that but your closer can ya match it and they did, now i've gotten 4 full sets thru them for mates as well. That price was for AU though.
5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I bought some brakes through them last week, top service and great price.

Dark_Horse, i paid $56.40 for a set of GCT's for my TE (C4 Caliper), rotors werent a bad price either.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #5
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
I bought some brakes through them last week, top service and great price.

Dark_Horse, i paid $56.40 for a set of GCT's for my TE (C4 Caliper), rotors werent a bad price either.
Hey mate, would you mind sending me some details, I'm just about to get some new pads for my newly acquired TE brakes, and GCTs for $56.40 sounds pretty good. Was that in Brissy? What's the difference between Bendix GCT and Bendix Advance? I got a quote for $66 for Advances, which sounds reasonable anyway. Looking in the Tickford section a lot of guys were recommending Advance, hence all my questions!
Cheers,
Matt.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #6
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just looking on Bendix website, no mention of Advance anywhere... Seems like GCT's replaced them?

waggaclint, I had EBC greens with RDA slotteds, even with the piddly AU1 setup stopping was pretty good I thought. I've always been happy with RDA, but if you can get DBA rotors for a similar price I'd go with them, if only for the fact they are less prone to surface rust. When I priced up 330mm rotors for the Tickford premium brakes, RDA were $300 for a pair, DBA were about double that!
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 01:23 AM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I run RDA slotted rotors on the work ute (AUII) and GCT pads all-round ... they have been vrey good for me and my application. They pull up the ute very quickly ... even when loaded up 7-800kg in the back.

Front pads lasted me 50,000km ... lightly skimmed the rotors on the front once .... had a wheel bearing issue put it out over time and they warped again due to the hub moving too much. I just replaced the front rotors 20,000km later ... and did the pads just for good measure.

I think the rears have been in for about 80,000km (pads and rotors) ... and they still look like new ... I ahve been impressed with them for the cost.
Mechan1k is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post