Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-01-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
Filthy GT-P
Saving Water Filthy again

Default Two cars reverse into each other

I have seen the most amazing thing tonight.

My next door neighbour and a neighbour across the road from my neighbour both backed out of their driveways at the same time. Straight into the back of each other.

So my brain got to thinking they are both at fault, or does that mean no one is at fault. I am still just amazed that something like this happened.

Steven

Old 19-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When it happened with my dad, the neighbour and ourselves paid for our own cars. What annoys my dad that you can't exactly see at the bottom backing out because of the way the driveway is, but from his side of the street you can perfectly see to my side, so my dad got really annoyed that he didn't wait for him to get out.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
XRated
Shoot.

Hahah that would've been a sight to see - I wish my Holden nut neighbours would do the same!!! :P

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 02:01 AM   #4
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

If you dont watch whats behind you when ever you reverse you deserve all the damage you get ! Its as plain and simple as that !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 06:22 AM   #5
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

haha thats a laugh shold've got pics
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 07:37 AM   #6
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy GT-P

My next door neighbour and a neighbour across the road from my neighbour both backed out of their driveways at the same time. Straight into the back of each other.

So my brain got to thinking they are both at fault, or does that mean no one is at fault. I am still just amazed that something like this happened.

Steven
The one driving the 4WD is at fault. :P
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy GT-P

Steven
Both owners are at fault for there damage and for being too stupid to look properly!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #8
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

The same thing happened to me many years ago in a carpark. I'm too busy looking for moving cars and people to notice the guy opposite me was doing the same thing. As soon as there was a gap in traffic we both reverse and whammo.

Shouldn't happen again though as my reversing camera came in the mail this week. Going in ASAP!
Old 20-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happens all the time in shopping centre carparks. People are busy watching for traffic up/down lanes and only typically glance behind them. I'd assume the saem thing happens backing out driveways .. the "threat" is usually on the street, not the neigbour across the road ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #10
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol good one - I was thinking about this just this morning as it is hard to see out of my driveway when reversing.

Makes you think though - if they can't see a car imagine if a kid was behind them!
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #11
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I saw it once in a main street. I was in the video store and I heard a crunch outside, someone backing out of the carpark out front of the video store backed into someone who was reversing out front of the supermarket...

Quite funny to see them at fisticuffs in the middle of the road.
Old 20-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #12
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

From an insurance point of view in this type of accident both are at fault and both need to pay thier excess. Usually each insurance company will look after their own clients damage.
Point of fact to be aware of:
If your car is in reverse gear and you hit another reversing car even if you are stationary you are both at fault. ALWAYS, ALWAYS check and recheck and then recheck again before reversing or putting your car in reverse gear.
If your not in reverse gear and stationary you are fine becuase you were either stationary or driving away.
Old 20-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #13
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How can no-one be at fault?
Old 21-01-2006, 12:35 AM   #14
Filthy GT-P
Saving Water Filthy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
How can no-one be at fault?
It was a joke that part you know two wrongs don't make a right. I know they are both at fault but the situation is a silly one to occur in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
The one driving the 4WD is at fault.
Sorry no 4WD involved, both were sedans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Hahah that would've been a sight to see - I wish my Holden nut neighbours would do the same!!!
One was a commodore the other was a camry

Steven
Old 21-01-2006, 12:40 AM   #15
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahahaha! thats gold! I dont really have an answer to your question but thanks for posting hehe that was great!
ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post