Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Car detailing.

Currently off work due to a busted finger & starting to get bored. What I'm after is some help with cleaning away the stains around my badges. Here is a pic if it's any help.
Thanks in advance.

AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
rxj

This post may give you further details...

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/mod...iewtopic&t=620

You may want to get rid of those swirl marks while you are there also...:voldar02:

Cheers,

rxj
rxj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 10:47 PM   #3
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxj
This post may give you further details...

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/mod...iewtopic&t=620

You may want to get rid of those swirl marks while you are there also...:voldar02:

Cheers,

rxj
Thanks for the link, I have a dremel at my disposal. As for the swirl marks I think the previous owner didn't care too much about the paintwork. I've been using Meguiars NXT Generation tech wax but it doesn't seem to hide the swirls as well as gold class.
Old 20-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
rxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
Thanks for the link, I have a dremel at my disposal. As for the swirl marks I think the previous owner didn't care too much about the paintwork. I've been using Meguiars NXT Generation tech wax but it doesn't seem to hide the swirls as well as gold class.
You may want to consider using Megs Swirl Remover 2.0 before applying the wax. This can be done by hand or with an Random Orbital Sander (ROS). Obviously better results can be achieved with an ROS.

Plus you will find a lot of information at http://www.detailparadise.com.au/ There is plenty of info on removing swirl marks.

Cheers,

rxj.
Old 20-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know if id be keen to stick a polishing tool on that before it was clean, afterwards yes ok of needed but highly unlikley.

if it were me i would be applying some suds n water to the area and letting it sit, then applying some more as i went to loosen the build up, you really just want this stuff to fall off, than try and polish it out as you will be polishing dirt into your paint.

take your time and as above keep the area moist and gently with the corners of a MF cloth wipe the area working in, but dont try and force it, if needed apply more suds and let it sit longer, then gently try again.

moving forward i can see when you washed the car this area gets the wipe around, once clean when washing gently wash the area and then pad dry with a MF cloth / chamois when drying the car and it all should be good.

if its a little stubborn you could try a little paint clnr near the end but should not be needed.

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Don't know if id be keen to stick a polishing tool on that before it was clean, afterwards yes ok of needed but highly unlikley.

if it were me i would be applying some suds n water to the area and letting it sit, then applying some more as i went to loosen the build up, you really just want this stuff to fall off, than try and polish it out as you will be polishing dirt into your paint.

take your time and as above keep the area moist and gently with the corners of a MF cloth wipe the area working in, but dont try and force it, if needed apply more suds and let it sit longer, then gently try again.

moving forward i can see when you washed the car this area gets the wipe around, once clean when washing gently wash the area and then pad dry with a MF cloth / chamois when drying the car and it all should be good.

if its a little stubborn you could try a little paint clnr near the end but should not be needed.

Pete
I usually blow the water out from the badges when drying the car, I've only had the car for 6 months & this is the first real chance I've got to clean it up. BTW thanks for the help.
Old 20-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
rxj

Another alternative if you are not comfortable with using a tool would be to clean the surrounding area and place some wax/polish on a cotton bud and rub gently. Make sure you change the cotton bud frequently to ensure you do not damage the paint work.

Cheers,

rxj.
Old 21-01-2006, 02:22 AM   #8
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
Currently off work due to a busted finger & starting to get bored. What I'm after is some help with cleaning away the stains around my badges. Here is a pic if it's any help.
Thanks in advance.
Checkout our Sponsor Forum, Themboys Auto care... there are plenty of cleaning, swirl removal threads... and a Meguires Rep you can ask questions.
link here
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdi...ysprune=&f=116

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post