Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
Reicott
Starter Motor

Question Mondeo Titanium 2.0ltr TDC

Having intermittent problems with auto transmission on my 2012 Mondeo. Periodically seems to labour under load with late take up and frequently in wrong gear for the speed. Very frustrating. Have had it back to Strapp Ford Burwood a number of times but they don't seem able to address the problem.

Anyone else have similar or could suggest possible cause. TCM software is all up to date so I am stumped.

Reicott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
Binny

Default Re: Mondeo Titanium 2.0ltr TDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reicott View Post
Having intermittent problems with auto transmission on my 2012 Mondeo. Periodically seems to labour under load with late take up and frequently in wrong gear for the speed. Very frustrating. Have had it back to Strapp Ford Burwood a number of times but they don't seem able to address the problem.

Anyone else have similar or could suggest possible cause. TCM software is all up to date so I am stumped.
Does it act much differently in S mode? (while still auto not manual)

So what is Strapp Fords reason for not being to address the problem? Do they say there is no problem?
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
tce
BA WAGON

Had a problem with mine low speeds at round abouts would sometimes drive like a Lerner changing gears and some times didn't know what gear to be in and just Rev then select gear.
I ended up getting a transmission error come up on dash.
the car had done 80000km and got a new power shift box as the speed sensor had failed.
Old 20-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
Reicott
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
Does it act much differently in S mode? (while still auto not manual)

So what is Strapp Fords reason for not being to address the problem? Do they say there is no problem?
Sport mode much better as I can keep the revs up for each gear. Once it hits 1500 rpm on the counter things go pear shaped in auto so using S mode most of the time around town. TCE's response exactly what is happening to me.

Strapp Ford being decommissioned apparently and staff will be transferring to Mercedes dealership just up the road. Don't know what that is all about.
Reicott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reicott View Post
Sport mode much better as I can keep the revs up for each gear. Once it hits 1500 rpm on the counter things go pear shaped in auto so using S mode most of the time around town. TCE's response exactly what is happening to me.

Strapp Ford being decommissioned apparently and staff will be transferring to Mercedes dealership just up the road. Don't know what that is all about.
Only taking a guess here, but if they are in the middle of changing to a different brand , they may not want to take the chance of having an import in a thousand pieces up on stands in the workshop waiting for parts for days, possibly weeks . i would probably try another dealer.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: