Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-10-2007, 11:07 PM   #1
xbandrew
THATXB

Smile Brock Fords

hey found this and thought it might interest some people on here.

Peter Brock modifying Falcons ? Well, yes, he did. When HSV took over from HDT and Peter Brock was no longer able to build his Brock Commodores, along with some other ex-employees he formed a company called Austech Automotive Developments and he approached Ford about modifying and selling the EA Brock Falcon. The relationship lasted less than a year and ended when Ford took on Tickford as their performance supplier. Fewer than 200 Brock Fords were built, the most reliable figures being 126 Falcons and Fairmonts, 18 Fairlanes, 11 Mavericks and 5 top of the range SE’s

(http://www.aus-ford-uk.co.uk/html/more_specials.html)

go here for the brock fords site:
(http://www.geocities.com/brock_fords/)

xbandrew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

yep... I know of a Black Brock EA infact the front bumper off it is in my backyard awaiting repair... if been at the owner for some time to sell me the car as he doesnt care about it but he wont...

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

my cousins uncle had the yellow XC ... which he almost bought .. but didn't know its background thinking it was a replica GT didn't buy it ... Luckly, because he would have stripped it!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

There are a number of Brock EA owners on this site. Its nothing new sorry.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ighlight=brock

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

new to me though! and im sure some others ... but ey, were not here to burn anyone!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 01:53 AM   #6
fmc351
let it burn

Cmon, towards the end the man would put his name on a sausage roll. And why not, Id take the cash too.

LADA
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 03:39 AM   #7
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

There one sitting at a wreckers in Perth. I remember there was one in the paper with 100.000kms before he died in showroom cond for 4k...............im so jacked i didnt buy it
Old 03-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #8
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Yeah old news. It's funny because since he died owners are trying to cash in on it by trying to sell their Brock EAs for 20 grand lol. I mean it's still just an EA!

They were a nice looking car though IMO. Especially the wheels, really suit them.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #9
xbandrew
THATXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
There are a number of Brock EA owners on this site. Its nothing new sorry.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ighlight=brock
i only just found out and thought it was interesting so i thought that thir must b others that dont know aswell

i was talking to my dad last nite and he rekons that he got the boot from holden cos he wanted to use sum chip or sumthing on the commodores and holden sed they were crap so they went with hsv, so then he sold them to ford and they put a few in and then sed they were crap to so then ford went with tickford.

dont know how tru that is but yeah
xbandrew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont forget the Brock Lada Samaras.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #11
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbandrew
i only just found out and thought it was interesting so i thought that thir must b others that dont know aswell

i was talking to my dad last nite and he rekons that he got the boot from holden cos he wanted to use sum chip or sumthing on the commodores and holden sed they were crap so they went with hsv, so then he sold them to ford and they put a few in and then sed they were crap to so then ford went with tickford.

dont know how tru that is but yeah
It was in fact a Energy Polariser which he fitted to some VL Group A commodores & worked by changing the Energy of the Vehicle with the help of Magnets or something very much like that.

At the time he claimed that you could even let your Tyres down very low as a result.

Was never proven to work or not work either, just that Holden did not think it could work.

What is it that HSV fit today to their upmarket Commodores, magnetic ride suspension :
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your talking about the Energy Polariser XBAndrew. Brock believed that this new age box of crystals would line up the atoms on the car and make it go so much better. He also advocated that a high perfromance car with this polariser could be safely driven with tyres at about 20psi (dangerously low). Holden could in no way endorse people driving at 20psi, and could see no proof that energy polariser did anything.

Holden saw it as embarrassing at the least, and a potential legal and PR disaster if tyres, cars or worse PEOPLE suffered due to stress failures in car parts or tyres.

Also at that time Brock wanted to put Euro monza IRS on some HDT Commodores when at that time all holdens had live rear axles. Besides making Holden look bad, for not having IRS, there were durability warrantee ramifications. And holden were working on a different IRS for a future commodore.

Basically brock was getting too adventurous for Holden, They wanted HDT to make Optimised and improved commodores and bathurst specials. Brock wanted to build radically different cars based on holden basics.

Tensions were alrady high when the Polariser thing happened.

The Polariser gave Holden the excuse they needed to cut Brock free and build a relationship with Tommy Walkinshaw, who was a shrewd business man and was quite happy to work within the limitations Holden set.

Interestingly right upt o his death Brock stood by his polariser, claiming it was misunderstood and before its time. My guess is that if it worked and theres a part that only costs a small amount to make but improves a car dramatically, every manufacturer would be doing it.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #13
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

brock was a great driver but crazy as a cut snake when it came to building cars. check out the brock lada for a laugh
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I know of one, full of dents, cats sleeping in it and parked on the front lawn of some ghetto's house...
And theres an AVP EA (with the huge spoiler and ugly headlights) in pretty much the same condition...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #15
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

I have been led to belive that one of the Brock I.D plates on the EA was made out of old HDT plates cut in half or 1/4's and turned over or something like that.

Im not sure which plate or where it is. Its just what I was once told so dont shoot me..

Kev.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT