Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default AU I6'S Come a long way in recent times.

Just went back and looked at some of the times the AU sixes were running 1 year ago . It is like we were all really excited to see 15 second 1/4 mile passess.
Now it seems the standards and knowledge are being lifted.BMock running a 14.2 in an au,hamo into14.2-3?
What are the limits going to be?How much farther can we take these cars ? Will we see 13 second na daily driver AU six?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 12:57 AM   #2
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

And not just that, but the AU itself has become quite popular. Not bad for an 'ugly' car
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 02:38 AM   #3
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I reckon we may see a possible trend to forced induction AU's especially as the AU's drop in value and the turbo/supercharger kits become more affordable. With Snort performance and JMM now releasing stuff its easy power.

As for NA who knows. Maybe we might see 13's ? We're definately inching closer to it.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Forced induction and the revvier sixes seem to go hand in hand. Is it legal loxx?Is insurance ok with it?

The amount of hotted up AU bodied cars out there is awesome.I think this forum and AU FALCON.COM has seen the re emergence of the AU. I think labelling the AU as an ugly model is ridiculous.A mere put down by some tossers who dont know a decent car if it fell on them.

Ive seen so many nice wheels, body kits and loud exhausts in my travels that its not funny.12 months ago this was not the case.Most AU fords on the street were taxis or mums taxis.

We have all gone on a journey of discovery together to awaken these sleeping beasts of the street. Thanks must go to Jim Mock ,G&D ,Its performance (sydney) wade cams,crow cams,unichip dealers(autotech engineering and APS) ,chiptorque dealers(Lachlan).
All these guys seem to have contributed greatly to our plight in search of a more responsive and enjoyable driving .

As far as bodykits go...I think our site sponsor AWC are the ants pants and bees knees!!

With Brendan currently running low 14's down the 1/4 it will be intersting to see if they get into the 13's in NA form

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 10-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
And not just that, but the AU itself has become quite popular. Not bad for an 'ugly' car
I think that's due to the AU's price these days.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 10:14 AM   #6
The Mighty Red

Yes its true the Au has tumbled in price but it will pale into significance compared to the BA depreciating level.

The BA has been such a success that the market is just flooded with them,
Sometimes I wonder how the new car market sustains itself with cars not even 18 months old drepreciating 50%.

Yes the AU times are falling but with engineering and rwc problems for turbo's and alike it does make it harder.
Maybe i am looking in the wrong places but i dont hear about any NA BA's that are highly modded pulling good times to compare the AU too,maybe because a stock T will eat one up anyway.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #7
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.F.C
maybe because a stock T will eat one up anyway.
Dev 5 cammed AU's have an can keep up with xr6ts in standard form.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:03 PM   #8
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

It's not just the AU 6's that are getting quicker. There's more than a few e-series I6 guys running very low 14s. Impressive stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 12:07 PM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
It's not just the AU 6's that are getting quicker. There's more than a few e-series I6 guys running very low 14s. Impressive stuff.
I think overall the I6 engine is proving itself to be far better than many expected.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #10
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.F.C
Yes its true the Au has tumbled in price but it will pale into significance compared to the BA depreciating level.

The BA has been such a success that the market is just flooded with them,
Sometimes I wonder how the new car market sustains itself with cars not even 18 months old drepreciating 50%.

Yes the AU times are falling but with engineering and rwc problems for turbo's and alike it does make it harder.
Maybe i am looking in the wrong places but i dont hear about any NA BA's that are highly modded pulling good times to compare the AU too,maybe because a stock T will eat one up anyway.
The BA's will suffer resale not only because how many have been sold but as the price of fuel as they are gas guzzlers.All the company BA cars main complaints are the fuel consumption.

But I think the AU's are nearing their rock bottom prices for a few years & are not under engineered like the EA's, VT's & some other makes plus can give fairly good fuel economy for a large car. The AU makes a good cheap starting point for a good family & performance car.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #11
TCK-098

Quote:
Ive seen so many nice wheels, body kits and loud exhausts in my travels that its not funny.12 months ago this was not the case.Most AU fords on the street were taxis or mums taxis.
Yeah id agree on that one and its great to actually see the Au's are starting to come back and show what can be done on a decent budget and have the performance to go with it.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:51 PM   #12
Nik

you see a lot up here in brissy now with crs bodykits there almost as popular as a tarted up v6 commodore with a clubby kit.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #13
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

The AU will be the six cylinder hottie of the decade like the torana's were in the 70's.

Its because they are cheap and easy to mod.

Those OHV V6's and V8's just arent as easy to play with yourself as a SOHC six.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #14
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
The AU will be the six cylinder hottie of the decade like the torana's were in the 70's.

Its because they are cheap and easy to mod.

Those OHV V6's and V8's just arent as easy to play with yourself as a SOHC six.
I think that tag will be held SOLY for the BA XR6T.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #15
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
I think that tag will be held SOLY for the BA XR6T.
Your probably right ..but a force fed au six will give an xr6t big headaches.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:41 PM   #16
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Your probably right ..but a force fed au six will give an xr6t big headaches.
doubtful.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 06:44 PM   #17
Stav
Smile

I dont know?Really I dont ..especially about that .Especially when Dans AU gets ridiculously quick times. With the same sized engine it really comes down to how much mixture we can stuff into that displacement.But for the sake of sticking to the NA side of things all of our i6 engines come up pretty good..dont you think? But for the sake of this topic the focus was on AU sixes..

Old 10-09-2005, 06:48 PM   #18
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Dev 5 cammed AU's have an can keep up with xr6ts in standard form.
And what short of an AU V8 supercar can keep up with a 9 second XR6T?

Sure it's got heaps of mods, but so would any turbo AU6 worth worrying about.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 06:50 PM   #19
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
And what short of an AU V8 supercar can keep up with a 9 second XR6T?

Sure it's got heaps of mods, but so would any turbo AU6 worth worrying about.
Aha ...I was referring to standard xr6t vs a dev5 mate.An xr6t modded will dust most cars out there and there is no denying that...they are an awesome car.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #20
EFFalcon
Last warning

Dan's AU ran 11.8 ... it was long ago that BA's exceeded that.
with a BA into the 9's and plenty running 10's there is a lot of catching up for the AU's to do.
Raw headflow advantages in the BA give it an advantage that even its excessive weight can't overcome.
the DOHC head will outflow the SOHC head without a doubt, the BA just needs a decent set of cams to be developed, especially for n/a

all of the SOHC engines have shown their potential with loads of them running low 14's and a couple running 13's.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 06:56 PM   #21
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
Dan's AU ran 11.8 ... it was long ago that BA's exceeded that.
with a BA into the 9's and plenty running 10's there is a lot of catching up for the AU's to do.
Raw headflow advantages in the BA give it an advantage that even its excessive weight can't overcome.
the DOHC head will outflow the SOHC head without a doubt, the BA just needs a decent set of cams to be developed, especially for n/a

all of the SOHC engines have shown their potential with loads of them running low 14's and a couple running 13's.
Youre probably right mate.But the AU fords never came out with a factory fitted turbo so there is no real basis to compare in either of our points.If they did then we could probably say one way or the other which was a bit better.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:56 PM   #22
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Aha ...I was referring to standard xr6t vs a dev5 mate.An xr6t modded will dust most cars out there and there is no denying that...they are an awesome car.
What's the point in comparing a stock car to a heavily modded one? Apples and oranges.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 07:00 PM   #23
Stav
Smile

Quote:
What's the point in comparing a stock car to a heavily modded one? Apples and oranges.
I NEVER intended to make a big deal out if it in the first place. I was just illustrating that us na sixes have a glimmer of hope against a standard xr6t unmodified that is all. To clarify this point futher I will say that an xr6t modded tends to be quicker.I hope I have explained that point so that you understand where I was coming from.

Old 10-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #24
Stav
Smile

I think more real comparisons will occur in the coming months as more au owners are going forced as far as turbos go.Then we can start to compare.I mentioned Dans AU because I think that it is quite an impressive vehicle.

Old 10-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #25
Nik

Quote:
personaly for me ,the missus (nik)loves the ba xr6 turbo .but at the end of the day i couldnt justify a $20000 change over .so far ive spent $5000 on the old girl (au s)and with the last mod nearly done ,i reckon i would be pretty confident to back it against a stock xr6 turbo.
but hey if i had $20000 lying around i know wich one i'd be drivin.
jake
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 08:41 PM   #26
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

A lot of positive dreaming here....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #27
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Not really. Mid to low 14 second AU's (or any I6 EB onwards) are just a phone call (and a fair chunk out of your bank account) away.
If I had 5K I could have a 14.5 or less 1/4 I6 VCT in 2 weeks. Its that simple.

13's are a bit more of a stretch financially bit its there for those with deep enough pockets.

Then you have the FI setups. Sub $12K and I could be annoying a hell of a lot of BA GT owners without too much fuss.

The V8 can do all this too of course but 12 and 11 second EB-AU I6's are just a chequebook away now. Its really no harder than booking the car in for whatever times you want and can afford.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #28
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

you have to put it into a real world perspective too.. We might have improved alot but at a Willowbank T&T 80 percent of the cars are sub 14.. Between the BOSS cars, LS1, old skool muscle, turbo'd everything else and the flood of lightening quick imports we still have a long way to go before people outside our community consider the i6 a fast car. A pat on the back might be due to keep the enthusiasm flowing but we shouldn't stop now!

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #29
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Love driving the AU6, have plenty of fun, much easier to throw around than my ute...
I have Hamo's AU this weekend.....Hamo is driving my BA.
We want try and keep his AU, even after he buys my ute....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
14.3 From AU6 auto is better than a stock LS1 auto or Boss 260 Auto..
I6 is affordable to play with and getting some good results..
And still having perfect street manners and not being a big pig to drive.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 10-09-2005 at 09:09 PM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #30
Stav
Smile

Considering that Brendan Mock has run a 13.34 in a na six on the 1/4 mile it inspires me and gives me hope that i6 ea-au cars still have plenty of untapped potential. I believe Brendan is running some 180 rwkws .I have to ask the question though..how can a 180 rwkw six get a 13.34 1/4 when some modded v8s cannot do the same with 220 rwkws?What is going on ?Please shed some light on this someone please!!