Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Dave_Mc
Starter Motor

Default New MC Mondeo Titanium - Sapphire Black & question!

Hi All. I just picked up my MC Titanium Hatch on Tue and it is absolutely fantastic! I ordered a Panther Black, but when I picked it up, the dealer said the colour is a new black for the Mondeo, Sapphire Black.

It is actually a brilliant colour, it has more depth and sparkle, than the Panther Black (my brother in law has an Panther Black Focus XR5). I can put some photos up soon.

For those who may have a Titanium, I would like to pose a question. How firm have you found the suspension setup? The suspension seems extremely tight and when I hit any sort of bump in the road, it sets up a vibration in the car akin to having a single window open that causes air vibrations against your ear. Sounds strange I know, but everything else is perfect.

Any experiences would be great!

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
luckster
Starter Motor

Hi Dave, mine is getting dropped off tomorrow so let's compare notes after having driven a few klicks.
luckster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you checked the tyre pressures? I don't know if the sports suspension is an option on the Titanium, but just check that don't have lowered suspension and 18" wheels.
Old 25-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have made a comment on another thread about this stupid non-option setup sports suspension should be an option OR supply what Europeans Mondeos get are 3 settings via push buttons
1. Normal
2. Sport
3. Comfort

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #5
luckster
Starter Motor

Hi Ap,

Funny you bring up the 3 buttons.

I once had a Telstar TX5 Ghia. It had the buttons but there was barely
a difference between the settings in that car
luckster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #6
Dave_Mc
Starter Motor

NZ XR6, the Titanium comes standard with lowered sports suspension and 18" rims.

The dealer called yesterday to see how the car was going. I mentioned the stiffness of the suspension and the harmonic vibrations that occur. He said this will settle down over time as the car runs in. He also noted (like NZ XR6) to release a little pressure in the tyres (around 32 lb, not sure what that is in kpa!) to reduce this effect.

I'll give this a try and report back!
Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
Batman105E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
NZ XR6, the Titanium comes standard with lowered sports suspension and 18" rims.

The dealer called yesterday to see how the car was going. I mentioned the stiffness of the suspension and the harmonic vibrations that occur. He said this will settle down over time as the car runs in. He also noted (like NZ XR6) to release a little pressure in the tyres (around 32 lb, not sure what that is in kpa!) to reduce this effect.

Dave,

It is very unlikely but just check that the suspension chocks that they put in the car for ship transport have been removed... if by some chance they are in place this would reduce your suspension travel and compliance. Very unlikely though. I would just drop tyre pressure.

I have not noticed any suspension harshness in our Titanium hatch.
Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc

I'm not sure how running in will affect the ride, although some tyres can feel stiff for a few hundred kms.

The sports suspension will make the ride firmer than in a standard Mondeo. It's an option in the UK and not even available in NZ. Probably depends on what tyres you have also.

Last edited by NZ XR6; 26-02-2011 at 11:15 AM.
NZ XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post