Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
xtwagon
Old School XT

Default Moving back to Vic

Hi all,
I am moving back to Vic in about a month or so.

Can anyone tell me what is involved in getting the cars registered in Vic from SA.

The EB is stock so can not see that being an issue.

The XT is 302w, is registered as such here in SA with matching engine number.

In SA when you move here, you do not need to pit if car is regd interstate in your name, jsut take papers into sa transport and you are registered.

Not sure about Vic though

http://members.optusnet.com.au/xtwagon/index.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
xtwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
LukeGT
Melbourne, Victoria

Think you will need a roadworthy certificate and visit to VicRoads office to get them registered.

Try 13 11 71 or vicroads.vic.gov.au
LukeGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Only needs to go to any RWC place for a slip, then car taken to Vic roads where they will just check engine number against RWC and issue new plates and off you go. Takes about 5 minutes. Just have to book first......about $35.00 booking fee + rego $550.00. Once done you can then cancel the SA rego and get the money back. 'Pits' are a thing of the past here. They rely on the Roadworthier to do the hard work. Its not that scarey or time consuming actually. Good luck with the move.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
krypto71

Not sure about now, but I relocated back to Vic from the ACT in August 2000, and because the car was staying in my name, it was quite straight forward.

There was no need for a new Road worthy or anything like that. It was a very simple transfer from ACT to Vic. I think from memory, I handed in the ACT plates, and recieved the new Vic issue plates.

Cheers
Steve
krypto71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 12:07 AM   #5
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Yep steve you are right
IF the car is regoed in your name ANYWHERE in australia and you move to Victoria All you have to do is take the car to any vicroads office and they will check that the car is yours and regoed in your name and they will transfer it to your new vic address along with your license.
if it has a diffrent motor in it then regoed with you will now (in vic) have to supply a bill of sale for that motor with engine number.