Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 10-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Question Is this an MB?

Hi all,

I've been considering getting myself a Mondeo XR5 turbo for a little while now, and am keeping an eye out for what's available on the market.

I came across this car recently. Given that most of the cars are grey, silver, black or white, this one caught my eye.

What I found interesting though, is that according to the Ford Aus brochure for the MB series (as found here on AFF) the MB was never produced in the Colorado Red colour. The closest that was produced was the Tango, but there's no way this is Tango.

I checked the VIN provided and it definitely aligns with a 2009 September build. Also all of the features listed align with the MB over the MA, so I'm a little confused as to whats going on here.

Anyone able to offer some insight?

Thanx

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 28-05-2013 at 08:15 PM.
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Is this an MB?

Certainly looks like an MB. Sometimes the odd car is imported that dosnt align with the specs. Eg: the mix up order of LV Focus Convertables. Or a trial run of colours.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
nevetsg

A few more pics would be nice. I always wondered what my car would look like with XR5 kit.

Don't worry, found it on Carsales. There are also a couple of other Colorado Red MB's on there... Including the Zetec that is deff MB. Has antenna And colour screen in the dash.
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

When I bought our MB XR5T they had one in this colour in the showroom at one of the dealerships. Its a great colour (the red stitching inside matches).
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Thanx for the quick input, guys.

So, it seems that a Colorado Red MB is not an uncommon occurence. Does that mean that the brochure was wrong...??

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...hp?photo=57435

As I said, I was attracted to this car becuase the colour is a little different to hose you see advertised, ie it's not white, grey, silver or black. And, yeah, the stitching would match the paint.....

Thanx again

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
nevetsg

I love the colour of my car. It turns heads and it is easy to find in the carpark. The grey front grills would look better in black though.
Down sides are it is a bugger to keep clean and a marked increase in people wanting to race me off at the lights.
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
hotdiesel
Starter Motor

My MB Mondeo glossy printed July 2009 offers 10 exterior colours including Colorado Red!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #8
ian b

XR5 MB will have radar in the front grille, plus USB in glove box, piano black dash, red stitching in seats. These are probably the easiest features to check.
Old 13-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Colorado Red WAS available in XR5 trim in 2009, and I saw one new in May 2012.

Ford had a habit of initially having many colours available in the XR5 (as many as the full product range of 10 !!), then dropping them off as the model life progressed.

I was lusting after an Ambition Blue XR5 (dropped in MB) then Tango XR5 (dropped in MB) and had to settle for a Moondust Silver once I actually bought in 2010.

XR5 colour choices were:
White - Frozen White
Black = Panther Black
Grey1 = Moondust Silver
Grey 2 = Thunder
Grey 3 = Sea Grey (fairly popular I believe)
Red - Colorado Red

Not available in XR5:
Orange - Tango
Deep Blue - Ink Blue
Plum red - Morello
Sandstone (?) - Chill

But yes, MB XR5 will have:
- Active Cruise Control radar ugly panel in the grille
- red stitching on seats
- piano black radio surround (not silver),
- bluetooth integration is now standard (opt MA)
- MA XR5 silver allows now on MB Titanium with MB XR5 having grey different desgin wheels
....but IIRC the panel on the door still says 'MA' model (only AUS have the MA/MB/ MC series designation AFAIK).
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post