Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
mwhit43
folden guy

Default Ford mondeo "anti theft"

Hi we're looking into buying a 2010 mc tdci lx ford mondeo and was just wondering what problems your mondeo's have had? (if any) and how good the engine runs with heaps of km. Also with the mc can you get that anti hijacking feature enabled? Like when you put it in drive it automatically locks, because I always lock my door when I drive... Just a habit of mine but useful in my area haha. Thanks everyone

mwhit43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
mwhit43
folden guy

Default Re: Ford mondeo "anti theft"

I see nobody has an idea an knowledge!
Old 24-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #3
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi,

Here is a thread that might help you about "issues" some owners have encountered; http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11388564

As for the locking feature, I myself have tried numerous times however I have been told by Ford that it can not be done.
However on a Titanium Spec, you might have more luck as it has the door lock switch near the drivers door handle.
But for lesser spec models; LX , Zetec it does not work.
Old 24-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #4
Soulsearcher

I couldnt find the settings (if available) to automatically lock the doors, ended up having to lock them manually each time (mc titanium wagon)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Soulsearcher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #5
mwhit43
folden guy

Was just wondering about the auto lock feature which is on a friends i30 great feature! And the problems seeing as most mondeo's are 100,000km+
Old 25-06-2014, 12:13 AM   #6
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

most features are programmed on or off with scantool -
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #7
mwhit43
folden guy

If the tool was used would it void warranty or anything?
Old 25-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #8
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The anti hi-jack feature was present on the Zetec level MA Mondeo, but it was not linked to the ignition. It used the remote fob . If the car is locked a single press of the unlock button unlocks the drivers door only. A double press unlocks all doors. But it is dealer programmable such that you can get the single press to unlock all doors. Our MA was delivered this way but I got the anti hi-jack feature enabled at the 3000 km peace of mind service and it has been in that condition ever since. I can't see that the higher spec vehicles or later models would have discontinued this feature, but you never know.

Also the interior driver's door lock will lock all doors by pushing it towards the door. I haven't tried this when mobile, but it works when stationary.

However, I can't see that locking the doors with the lock tab is an over powering reason to discount the car.

In almost 5 years and 65,000km of travel we have not had any faults worthy of mention due to systems failures.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #9
mwhit43
folden guy

Hi everyone, what's your ideas on a 2010 mondeo titanium with 12 months warranty and 180,000km and a tow ball, or a 2010 zetec with nothing but only 97,000km and a bit over our budget?
Old 26-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhit43 View Post
Hi everyone, what's your ideas on a 2010 mondeo titanium with 12 months warranty and 180,000km and a tow ball, or a 2010 zetec with nothing but only 97,000km and a bit over our budget?
What's the budget? Around 50,000kms a year is a lot of wear and tear on a car...
Old 26-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #11
mwhit43
folden guy

Budget is max 12k :(
Old 26-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #12
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhit43 View Post
Hi McWhit43,

Is that your birth year?

We are now halfway thru 2014 so, at best, the 2010 vehicles are 3 1/2 years old . So a car with 97,000 km will have done an average of approximately 28,000 km per year and it has no warranty (A private sale?).

The car with 180,000 km has done almost twice that distance per year, ie almost 52,000 km per year (what are the warranty conditions here?).

In the latter case I would be asking how a car had covered that distance in that time. If it was due to long distance travel, then this would tend to discount the distance.

But are they both equipped with similar engine/drivetrains? If not then I would need to know more detail to suggest a choice.

But if the lower distance travelled car is a diesel, then I would be guided in that direction - unless you want lots of "electronic" gizmos that you might use for the first few months and then leave in the last selection chosen - and be "hostage' to them failing with major $ consequences to fix.

Ultimately it is your choice.

Best of luck - we haven't had any problems with out 2008 (delivered in late 2009) Zetec Diesel Mondeo.

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 26-06-2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Typos and clarity
Old 26-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #13
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi again McWhit,

Could I suggest that you start a new thread to ask this sort of question.

Particularly since the Thread title is "Ford Mondeo "Anti-theft"".

And a rider.

I will never buy a front wheel drive car fitted with a tow bar. In my view the rear of the vehicle is not engineered sufficiently well to allow any kind of towed load to be attached.

But I admit this is a prejudice - and anyway we have a an AWD for that kind of work. That car IS fitted with a tow bar.

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 26-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #14
mwhit43
folden guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
Hi again McWhit,

Could I suggest that you start a new thread to ask this sort of question.

Particularly since the Thread title is "Ford Mondeo "Anti-theft"".

And a rider.

I will never buy a front wheel drive car fitted with a tow bar. In my view the rear of the vehicle is not engineered sufficiently well to allow any kind of towed load to be attached.

But I admit this is a prejudice - and anyway we have a an AWD for that kind of work. That car IS fitted with a tow bar.

Cheers
It's mwhit43 haha just a special thing I use for all my things.. Um yeah I don't really want to have one but mum wants it to tow stuff to the tip -.-