Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up BF 111 Late 2006

"We are low on stock. Our dealers would say now that we are short of stock," Mooney says. "We don't have any issues on runout. Our production lines are fine." But GM Holden is going to face another challenge, as Ford is definitely working on a BFIII Falcon for the final months of 2006.
This is from Cars Guide, today

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
parawolf
beep beep

BFIII ?

BFII doesn't exist yet. Could be a typo... could be someone talking out their backside too.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

There will be an update (BF II) coming out late this year. Just the usual though, interior trims, upgraded options, new bumpers and grills.....

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mooney is head honcho of Holden, so he must have some knowledge of what Ford's up too.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Clue to next Monaro

Project X: Australian engineers are now making the Chevrolet Camaro concept a reality
Feedback
Should Holden build an all-new Monaro?
07 April 2006

Paul Gover

A hand-picked team of GM Holden's most talented youngsters is working to turn the Chevrolet Camaro concept car into a reality. They could also be creating the next Monaro.

The special taskforce was set up at the start of the year, soon after the Camaro was revealed at the Detroit motor show and is reporting through former GM Holden design chief, Michael Simcoe.

He was in Australia during the Melbourne motor show in February and admitted at the time he was visiting partly to commission some local work on an international project. It now appears that the job is more than just VE Commodore and Statesman tweaking for their planned role as an export money-earner for GM Holden. And the Camaro will sit comfortably on the same basic mechanical package used in the new Australian hero cars.

"The only thing I can say on the record is that our new rear-wheel drive architecture is the main candidate for the future American rear-wheel drive products, including the Camaro Concept," GM Holden chairman Denny Mooney says.

"We have a significant number of engineering and design resources at Fishermans Bend [Victoria] working on the project."

Mooney is careful to avoid any confirmation of a Camaro road car project, even though the car was an overwhelming success at the Detroit show and is considered a certainty for full-scale production. And he will still not discuss the potential impact of the Camaro project on the future of the Holden Monaro, which is now a good idea looking for a body and an engineering team. It is obvious that the design team at Fishermans Bend has a strong standing within General Motors, thanks to all sorts of successful projects, from the Monaro-based Pontiac GTO to the retro Efijy show car which is now odds-on for a flag waving tour in the US later this year. Simcoe's promotion to a senior role is more evidence. And GM Holden's design director Tony Stolfo is close to Ed Welburn, the company's vice-president of global design.

Mooney says the global platform work is a big benefit to the Port Melbourne design centre, which is now the third-largest in the GM world following an expansion last year which took staff numbers from 107 to 176. While the Camaro project is in its early days, Holden is into the last months of the VZ Commodore and finalising launch plans for the VE and Statesman. Mooney says the final production time is now locked in place and the runout has begun.

"We are low on stock. Our dealers would say now that we are short of stock," Mooney says. "We don't have any issues on runout. Our production lines are fine." But GM Holden is going to face another challenge, as Ford is definitely working on a BFIII Falcon for the final months of 2006.

Last edited by csv8; 08-04-2006 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Tidy Paste
Old 08-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #6
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
A hand-picked team of GM Holden's most talented youngsters is working to turn the Chevrolet Camaro concept car into a reality. They could also be creating the next Monaro.
So the very last Monaro built was.. well, not the last then?? Didn't they sell it on ebaY for some stupid price. :Up_to_som Hmm, I smell another conspiracy just like the 427 conspiracy. If the Monaro is due to return, wonder what the guy who bought the very last Monaro built would think.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

ive heard that BF2 could be a bit more than the usual...I hope so anyway!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #8
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Autoweek.com: Lutz has told AutoWeek that reports of the rear-wheel-drive coupe’s death were premature and the next-generation GTO’s development program was only really placed on hold, and—after some internal reorganization to ensure profitability targets can be met—it is now back on.

“The reason we said it was canceled is because that way our people would put their pencils down,” Lutz said. “In GM if you say something is deferred, then people keep working on it. We really needed to get that message through to everybody.” GM’s 74-year-old product guru said the program into which the GTO is incorporated was ‘getting out of control’ and running up costs that would have made it unworkable.

“It was my fault that it got out of control in the first place,” he added. “It was going to be the world’s greatest car and apparently cost nothing to make. So we’ve started over now. The program is back on and it’s going full tilt.”

Lutz confirmed that the GTO was “only ever off for two months, but that break has enabled us to get a more feasible program up.”
So, i guess the "Last Monaro Ever" might only be a true statement refering to the name.... but not the car itself.

There is no way there will be a BF series 3 by the end of 2006 or even the first quarter of 2007. Even if they released a MK2 tomorrow, that would only give Ford 7 months to make up a new package for a Mk3 - It's just absurd to do that when there is no need. It is a typo and meant to say MkII

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #9
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Ford, bring on the BF2 and BF3 and one day I won't be able to help myself and will buy one!!!!!!!!!! :thebirds:
Old 08-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #10
HSE2

I don't reckon there will be BF 3 at all. BF2 end of year and will see the B series out I would have thought. BF2 to run through till Orion comes out. Unless Ford has got their spies wrong and the Holden ends up being better then they thought. It’s definitely meant to be BF2. What would be interesting to know is when VE comes out how close it is to what Ford expected it to be. Would love to be a fly on the wall at Ford HQ.

I hope they don't rush it to get to market but at the same time there is a sizable gap between E series and Orion
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
I don't reckon there will be BF 3 at all. BF2 end of year and will see the B series out I would have thought. BF2 to run through till Orion comes out. Unless Ford has got their spies wrong and the Holden ends up being better then they thought. It’s definitely meant to be BF2. What would be interesting to know is when VE comes out how close it is to what Ford expected it to be. Would love to be a fly on the wall at Ford HQ.

I hope they don't rush it to get to market but at the same time there is a sizable gap between E series and Orion
Pardon my ignorance....

WTF is Orion, apart from the interstellar.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #12
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDriver
Pardon my ignorance....

WTF is Orion, apart from the interstellar.
Orion is code name for next Falcon model, which I believe is coming out in 2008. Brand spanker, not just BA add on.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:26 AM   #13
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ИИИИ, 2008!! I thought it was 2007. Thats crazy, thats about a whole year after the VE. Am i correct in saying that.. If the VE is as good as it is hyped up to be. That ford will lose soo many sales, will totally drop off. Dosnt seem like a very good marketing strategy.
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 07:25 AM   #14
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well, yet to be confirmed really. ATM it's 07/08. Depending on the VE's success over the BF, they may rush the Orion to make some sales, but from what I hear, if the VE is a bit of a flop, their very well may be a BF series 3 to prolong more succesful sales, gain some more Ford buyers, then dump the Orion on the market, and make the VE look real crap (crapper that is...)

Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 09-04-2006, 07:59 AM   #15
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

Series II (mkII) will be at the end of the year after VE release. Its obviously a typo.
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #16
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Well, yet to be confirmed really. ATM it's 07/08. Depending on the VE's success over the BF, they may rush the Orion to make some sales, but from what I hear, if the VE is a bit of a flop, their very well may be a BF series 3 to prolong more succesful sales, gain some more Ford buyers, then dump the Orion on the market, and make the VE look real crap (crapper that is...)
Orion can't be rushed. It is almost impossible to bring forward a new model launch. Orion Job 1 is still scheduled for Jan 08. VE start of production is currently scheduled for July 06.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #17
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

I wouldnt expect orion before 08 as dont forget ford is already 1 full upgrade ahead of holden due to the au sagga. Holden has had essentialy the same dead horse since 98 and they still sell a heap the cheap skates.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #18
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

mmmm....true. I forgot that they were one model ahead. I personally doubt that they would bring out the orion before 08, but $$$ makes ppl and companies do anything..... No one person can say that it won't happen - anything is possible. I would only accept this opinion from a professional automotive market analyist who knows insides of both companies. You just can't say can't.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 AM   #19
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

Mk III or series III are only pulled out under extreme situtations like AU series III..

I highly extremely doubt MkIII BF.

MKII BF will be much the same again as BA-BF. New colours, some new trim, etc

I would expect BF MKII to usher in:
-Monotube shocks (yay) across the range
-No less than three new colours
-New wheel designs
-Some new equipment (rear side airbags?, improved audio?)
-Smidgen power increases of 5-10Kw across the range.
-RWD territies to start getting ZF boxes(ghia)
-DSC avalible on Futura, Fairmont, XR6

Should bring the falcon roughly inline with the new VE.
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #20
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Orion can't be rushed. It is almost impossible to bring forward a new model launch. Orion Job 1 is still scheduled for Jan 08. VE start of production is currently scheduled for July 06.

FF
We all probably wish to forget EA series 1 as it came on market at least 6 months early, no 4 speed auto as planned etc...so it could be rushed forward but very bad memory lapses would be the only reason why!
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #21
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
I would only accept this opinion from a professional automotive market analyist who knows insides of both companies. You just can't say can't.
You are funny. So what Ford is telling people is irrelevant - only third party marketing gurus who are not connected with Ford and the Orion program know the 'real truth'.

FF
Old 09-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #22
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Quote:
So what Ford is telling people is irrelevant
Where and when has Ford said "The Orion will NOT be released before 2008". I have heard that it was schedualed for 08...

What I'm saying is I wouldn't trust the word from a motoring company about a new model release, until it is actually released. We all know this. Everyone changes their mind for some reason.

No need to point fun. The reason I also said from an outside source is because it's then not biased and not full of bs.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #23
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
What I'm saying is I wouldn't trust the word from a motoring company about a new model release, until it is actually released. We all know this. Everyone changes their mind for some reason.
What Ford tell the media and general public is one thing. What Ford tell people who are involved with their new vehicle projects is another. I listen to the later rather than the former. I am not involved with the Orion project (or Ford) in any manner. But I know people who are and they have the details as they currently stand.

FF
Old 09-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #24
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Can't argue with that then.. tell us more...

Old 09-04-2006, 08:13 PM   #25
Falcon Freak
Banned

I wish I could.

FF
Old 10-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #26
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8 Guy
ИИИИ, 2008!! I thought it was 2007. Thats crazy, thats about a whole year after the VE. Am i correct in saying that.. If the VE is as good as it is hyped up to be. That ford will lose soo many sales, will totally drop off. Dosnt seem like a very good marketing strategy.
its no big deal, there is usually a bit of a gap between new falcons and commys.

the VT arrived in August 1997 and the AU came to market in September 1998.

13 months difference, and the Falcon not only survived that year but also the next 4 years until the BA arrived on the back of a white horse in October 2002.

You can only have two.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:47 AM   #27
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

IT didnt survive to well though.

The EL's were absolutely no match for the VT and the sales figures showed it. Ford added everything it could to them to hold them against the VT.

Then when the AU was released, it had a reduced price tag and came with A/C and other features as standard. From there ford continually upgraded it until the BA was finished, and the BA was only ever meant to be a mind life face lift, when it was just about a new model.

So, with a year between models, Ford AU might definately be in a spot of bother.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:03 AM   #28
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Quote:
I wish I could.
Haha - What about the Freedom of Information act? I demand information! lol.

I'm sure in time there will be news, pics and info will be slowly be drip fed out to media sources in a controlled way... just like the VE.

I just hope there will be better spy pics!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 AM   #29
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
So the very last Monaro built was.. well, not the last then?? Didn't they sell it on ebaY for some stupid price. :Up_to_som Hmm, I smell another conspiracy just like the 427 conspiracy. If the Monaro is due to return, wonder what the guy who bought the very last Monaro built would think.
Funny you should mention that ... I was in the Birdwood Motor Museum last Monday and spied this magnificent beast.

Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #30
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Ford, bring on the BF2 and BF3 and one day I won't be able to help myself and will buy one!!!!!!!!!! :thebirds:
Check out my pics in the XR6T & F6 sub forum under "my F6 arrived today", and it may just be the straw that break's the camel's back!

Pedro
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post