Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-07-2024, 11:12 PM   #2791
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendseeker View Post
He understands the risks of riding a bike around the city and wants to protect his little brother from an accident?
100% not that. He dailys the little bike when he used to daily the big one. Ive riden the big one before, it makes more then 10 times the bakers dozen of horsepower the little one does. Still is beyond me why he likes the thing so much
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2024, 11:25 PM   #2792
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
100% not that. He dailys the little bike when he used to daily the big one. Ive riden the big one before, it makes more then 10 times the bakers dozen of horsepower the little one does. Still is beyond me why he likes the thing so much
Your brother has probably mellowed out a bit, sometimes it a pleasure to take it easy rather belting around on a bigger machine.
Sometimes I find it a pleasure just to jump in my smaller less powerful car and plod around the streets.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-07-2024, 11:44 PM   #2793
Kicking back

The funny thing was, after i bought the thing, cleaned it up and whatnot, my brother took it on a sunday ride with his riding mates as one of his mates daughters who was on her L's was coming along so they changed route to nothing above 80kph roads. His riding mates before seeing the thing were teasing him (well me to him) about it. But, when they saw it and found out that it was $1500 with 12 months rego and 21k on the odo reckoned it was the buy of the century.
Anyhows, weeks later my brother tells me he had someone offer 3k to buy it. Did he call me at the time, nope. I would easily have said yes. Then not long after he bought it off me. I had done my Ps on it so was done with bikes so whatever. I was thinking he would sell it at a profit but no. He rides it. To be fair, for comuting its fine. 130kgs with a full tank of fuel. 300-400km range out of that 10L depending on how you ride it. 0-100 in about 15 seconds on a down hill with a tail wind, so any form of speeding is active speeding. Top speed, well, 100 is a push, not like the z1000 that does 130 in 1st.....
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2024, 04:08 PM   #2794
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Why is it that apparent means clearly visible or understood and obvious, but apparently means that something seems to be true, but may not be?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2024, 04:17 PM   #2795
Kicking back

Same reason i guess news reporters say stuff like the victim was allegedly shot/stabbed or whatever when that term means an accusation with no formal proof. Pretty sure gunshot or stab wounds means the victim was infact shot or stabbed....
This user likes this post: