Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
Slick_5spd
Starter Motor

Default Can flash tuners be shared???

Just wondering if my mate has got an AU VCT with a generic tune can the same flash tuner put that tune on my car

Slick_5spd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not without having the box sent away to get the vin lock cleared, have a look further down the main forum page at bpt motorsports area. They have developed a similar program that can be used on as many cars as you want, provided you have tokens
have a look here http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=104453
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_5spd
Just wondering if my mate has got an AU VCT with a generic tune can the same flash tuner put that tune on my car
Yes, but it has to have his tune returned to standard first.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
Slick_5spd
Starter Motor

cheers guys
Slick_5spd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Yes, but it has to have his tune returned to standard first.
and then get a tuner to unlock the box, not sure though if unlocking the boxwill clear the existing tunes in the box

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 02:06 AM   #6
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They reason they vin locked the Flasher is to prevent sharing. Say you get your mate's flasher and vin lock it to you car....when your mate wants it back he has to unlock and vin lock to his car. Do this 5 times and you have to return the box back to the US to "reset".

This is where the Sniper can have an "advantage". One device can be shared with many mates but you have to pay for "bullets". If you have a handful of mates willing to chip in it will work out cheaper.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #7
Rebel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Forget about sharing, I totally understand WHY they do it. But, the Flash Tuner is really only a "file transfer device". I can't understand why a program can't be written that would upload a tune directly from a PC!

I had a CAPA unit when I had my XR6T, which was handy a service or warranty time to be able to convert back to std. But, alot of people including myself now ounce the upgrade has been done would'nt want or need to flash back.
2008 FG GT 315 EGO #460

1968 Falcon Sports Coupe **2012 PCOTY winner**
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11325000

1990 XF Falcon Panelvan
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post