Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
joseph23

Default Au centre console removal

Hello guys is there a how to guide to remove the central console of a AU series 2 forte?

Is there any pics of were the screws that hold it down etc?

Hope someone can help me.....

joe

joseph23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Check here,
http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...warticle&id=37
Is a good guide on how to do it
The only things is the radio. Some are a pain to get out, others are easy

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
sly
Sly like a G6

Of course if you mean the console on the floor, there are 2 screws at the back next to the seat runners (1 each side), 2 screws under the mat in the cupholder, and 2 screws under the mat in the front compartment (under the ashtray).

With those 6 screws out, handbrake on and t-bar pulled back to "1", the console just lifts backwards, up & out. If yours is a manual, you probably need to have the stick in 2nd or 4th (have to play with it yourself...).

Took my console out not 3 hrs ago - changing a wet carpet...
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Pretty much what Sly mentioned for the floor console.

It's just a pain if you got a lot of crap in the centre console bin ... and a little harder to remove if you have a ute as well ... gotta move the seats around a bit to maneouvre the console out of the cabin.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

This may help. It's instuctions for fitting a Chrome Gear surround, but shows how to remove the console.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...5&postcount=27

In fact, I have a blown globe in the gear selector section so I should also pull mine out today.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

In fact, I have a blown globe in the gear selector section so I should also pull mine out today.

Cheers,

GK
I replaced my selector globe not too long ago ... and it's either blown again ... or lost connection ... so i have to pull my console out yet again ... i just couldn't be bothered at the moment though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post