Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Default New Skyline??

was driving into the city today and i saw this car on the side of the road a a dealership.. i saw SKYLINE on the back, it looked like a cross between the new maxima, 350z. basically it was a new design.....i didnt realise the new Skyline was already for sale......i read in the PUB it was only Concept atm...
could i be wrong....and sorry there are no pics...BUT any info regarding the New skyline would be intriging and heloful.

i just found this... this is what it looked like. i can tell from the back and the fact that the word SKYLINE is on the back...
http://www.netcarshow.com/nissan/200...llpaper_02.jpg

Old 23-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

LOL ive seen about 10 of them around. 2 door (skyline) and 4 door (maxima??). I 100% sure it isnt the new skyline but in fact an import called Infinity G35?? which is the american varient of nissan
Old 23-10-2006, 12:29 PM   #3
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Nice

I've seen Skylines in this shape in Sydney over the last 12 months.
Old 23-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Photn, did you change the link? what happened to the Skyline with the Stove-top tail lights?

Old 23-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #5
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
was driving into the city today and i saw this car on the side of the road a a dealership.. i saw SKYLINE on the back, it looked like a cross between the new maxima, 350z. basically it was a new design.....i didnt realise the new Skyline was already for sale......i read in the PUB it was only Concept atm...
could i be wrong....and sorry there are no pics...BUT any info regarding the New skyline would be intriging and heloful.

i just found this... this is what it looked like. i can tell from the back and the fact that the word SKYLINE is on the back...
http://www.netcarshow.com/nissan/200...llpaper_02.jpg
What you saw is a Nissan V35 Skyline, which has been on sale since 2001.

As has been said repetiadley, the concept is the Nissan GT-R, which does NOT wear the Skyline badge anymore. Skyline = luxury/family car. GT-R = sports car. They are completley seperate cars now, the R34 GT-R, which ceased production in 2002, is the last GT-R to wear the Skyline badge.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 23-10-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Thats not that new, its a V35 Skyline, 3.5ltr V6, basically a 2 door Maxima, they go alright, not as good as a 350Z.
I've seen a few imports around Bris. I've put a few sets of 20's on some.

oh lookee here's some pics

Here's a spy shot of the 2008? GTR
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=69062

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??

Last edited by Scareybear; 23-10-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 23-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

thanks steffo , ive never seen one b4, thay why i have a puzzled look on face face when i drove past it.... thanks for the Info guys.

Old 23-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #8
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

The Infiniti G35 is a compact executive car introduced to North America in the 2003 model year. It is known as the 11th generation (V35) Nissan Skyline in Japan. It is available in sedan and coupe forms. A 6-speed manual transmission became available in 2003 as a 2003.5 model on the sedan (the coupe always had the option). For the 2003-04 model years, the V6 produced 260 horsepower and 260 ft·lbf of torque in the sedan, 280 horsepower and 270 ft·lbf in the coupe. In the 2005 and 2006 model years, those with automatic transmissions (both sedan and coupe) produced 280 horsepower and 270 ft·lbf of torque, while those with manual transmissions produced 298 horsepower and 260 ft·lbf of torque (again, both in sedan and coupe form).

YAY i was right
Old 23-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #9
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots
Photn, did you change the link? what happened to the Skyline with the Stove-top tail lights?

yer sorry i had the wrong link...i pasted the wrong one....

Old 23-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #10
Swaytan
Swaytan

New Mitsubishi EVO X?

Closed Thread