Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Discussions

Old 06-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Default Liquid Silver TE50 III

Hi guys,

Have been looking around at TE50's and found this car at Blues Brothers Autos, Homebush on Parramatta Road.

The number plate is TE-5049

Asking price is $29999. I asked the dealer what would he take cash and he said he will not budge as it owes $40000 on finance and the gentlemen who traded in took out more finance on a Suburu.

I thought it was illegal for car yards to put a car for sale that still owes finance.

Can someone confirm this, as it is a nice car but would like to know some history and if indeed it still does owe finance (or if the dealer is lying), if so I will not be buying.

Thanks for your time.

Matt

APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

For starters perform a revs check.. www.revs.nsw.gov.au

This will tell you exactly where you stand. Given these circumstances, I would be consulting some help from dept fair trading, and other institutions before purchasing.

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

A car dealer can only offer a car for sale that has clear title. So what the dealer probably means is that when they took possession of the car, they would have had to pay out the finance, which is more than what is on the for sale sticker now, but you can bet it would've been paid for by the guy who bought the subaru. Dealers don't trade cars to lose on them, they will still be mnaking their $4 to $5k profit on that.

Ask for the dealer principle and negotiate with him only. Offer them $25k; use redbook as a guide when arguing that price - they do it!. Negotiate it from there, but in the current climate, it's a buyers market, especially in the large car segment, and more especially in the V8 bracket!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Matt should have also mentioned the car had a FPV-Tickford club sticker on it so if anyone knows who the owner is that would be good, be able to get a bit of history
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
stretch
Krispy Kreme Donut Glazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKeen
Matt should have also mentioned the car had a FPV-Tickford club sticker on it so if anyone knows who the owner is that would be good, be able to get a bit of history
I was just about to say that is an old club car, I dont know much about it though.

AU1 XR8 Silhouette lowered 18" wheels, T2 Leather, custom dash and a loud Exhaust. Sold

BA mk1 Gt Acid rush, Untouched, not no more it is lowered and has Black 19" fusions with a polished rim.
And now with some very dark windows.

Shopping car Ford Escape XLT V6 Sold

Shopping car now is a Mitsubishi Outlander
stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #6
TE50pilot

It's been up for sale down there for a while I think. It was on consignment there for a while I was told. I think Choppsy knows who owned it.
TE50pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #7
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50pilot
It was on consignment there for a while I was told.

yeah i reckon this would be the only way they would be doing it if money is still owed on it...
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #8
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I looked at that TE long ago in that yard. A business friend thought I'd like the wheels that are on it, go figure that out lol....
Yes I'm sure Choppa knows a little about it from memory I asked him.
Not in bad shape too.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #9
MRJUCY
Fordless

They should be fairly negotiable it was there when I was looking for a new car & that was last April.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #10
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Ive looked at that car & its fine, except for the butt ugly wheels. You should be able to get some nicer wheels for it.
Car yards have to garrentee title so buying the car shouldnt be a problem. It was a car lover that owned it by the look of the number plates.. Good price for a well kooked after car IMO..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #11
Steve's TS50
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Apparently I know something about this car LOL
I remember the car at the club but cant think of the guys name.
When I looked at it last May I think they had more money on it then.
Offer him 25K take it or leave it.
If it's been sitting there in the yard for 12 months they might be desperate to move it.
Steve L.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:15 AM   #12
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Thanks guys,

Appreciate the help.

Will look do a REVs check and speak to the dealer principle on the weekend.
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post