Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #31
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDIDDY
I think you are spot on Ian. The new releases and models are left for the southern states. Like Qld doesn't rate.
I was working on the FPV stand on Saturday, and it was disappointing to only have 3 cars. If I had $1 for every time I was asked if we had a GT there, I would have retired. Out of 21-22 cars on display from Ford, we only had a Super Pursuit in Octane, a Toxic Typhoon and a Silhouette Force 8. Needed some more variety. We didn't even have an XR4.

Yes why no XR4 ??

Fords line up in Brisbane is always **** poor / boring, what you havent already seen at a dealer ur not going to see at the show.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #32
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last years Brisbane motor show was good... But only because it was switched in order with the Melbourne show... for whatever reason

Now that the planets have realigned we are back to our boring as batpoo shows....

But if mitsu has good looking Victoria's secreet models, it might still be worth a glimpse... haha!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #33
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDIE
The ford stand had the current vechiles that are for sale there except the focus convertorable which is coming soon.
Focus Convertable was there today ...
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 11:56 PM   #34
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
Focus Convertable was there today ...
Focus Convertible looks very very nice. Hope FORD don't overprice it. If they sell it $2k under the ASTRA, it should sell.
Imagine that car with the XR5 motor !!!
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #35
TE50 027
Tickford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I did not take a pen with me and have the entry forms for the "star cars". Can anyone tell me one of the "star cars" so I can finish my entry form?

I can only remember two of them,
The mits ralliart colt
The Subaru Tribeca

Thanks in Advance
Kia Sorrento. Good luck.
TE50 027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 12:26 AM   #36
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 027
Kia Sorrento. Good luck.
VW EOS. Landrover Freelander. Peugot Picasso.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #37
naxh96

had a look in there yesterday arvo after work. alright i guess. the look on the 3 or 4 fellas setting off the car alarm was priceless. they s**t themselves something chronic as they were hopping out of it on the showroom. can't remember which stand they were at but it was on the eastern side, about 2 down from the caravans i think. great guns.

no surprise seeing holden and hsv take up one end. that purple grabbed the eyes but nowhere near as good as phantom. they should bring back hothouse green, that colour was easily their best.

biggest grabber for me were the new ranger. want 2 of those, on at stock height on 20+ inch rims, and another with some 17inch alloys jacked a few inches for the beaches and five rocks up on capricorn coast. another big draw for me was the new v8 cruiser ute. need to convince the uncle that his turbo diesel cruiser trayback for work is a worthy trade in and he should get the 4.5L bent 8.

some fool had already dislodged the gear shift boot from the xr5 as well. pulled it out of its mounts. instant demo designation at the dealership. should've grabbed a vin number for whoever wants a cheap xr5.

not tops but i'll be going back sunday to get an autograph of lowndes and whincup i think. thats the major drawcard for me anyway.
naxh96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #38
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Anyone see this?

I said at work yesterday I might as well attach a horse and cart to it...
Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #39
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^
Yeah, I saw that wheel today .. where's it going to end?

The Ford Focus CC was a really nice looking car. It's designed and built by Pinin Farina in Italy using Focus mechanicals from Germany and is due for release here around September. According to overseas reviews, the petrol versions are slugs but the 2 litre turbo diesel (136 BHP) is not too bad.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #40
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Well are you fat? I'm 6'6" and have 134cm biceps and buggerall fat. I can touch my toes, can you? Drop me on my ****; well you might get away with it once, but I'd guess you wouldn't get another chance to bully.
does anyone else get a hint of false bravado?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post