Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Question obtaining service history and service schedule?

hi guys.
when i bought my wagon, it came with another au2 handbook etc. unfortunately, the service schedual booklet is missing, other then that, i have given up hope on getting my hands on the orginal handbook etc for the wagon. long story, ill tell it another time
anyway, what i want to know is, do ford still have the service schedule book (for sale) for the au's? and how hard is it to get hold of the service history info?
thanx heaps
col

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

getting the service history will really depend on where the car was serviced, chances are if it wasn't done at ford, you will never find out, unless you know where it was done, then they may have a record of it....as for the service schedule, i thought it was in the back of the owners manual?
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

seperate book for the AU one for sale here but expensive http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....3902&rd=1&rd=1 hope this is of assistance to you
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
getting the service history will really depend on where the car was serviced, chances are if it wasn't done at ford, you will never find out, unless you know where it was done, then they may have a record of it....as for the service schedule, i thought it was in the back of the owners manual?
yeah, i had thought about that. should at least have had the first few services at ford, and because of that it would probably just be a waste of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
seperate book for the AU one for sale here but expensive http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...03902&rd=1&rd=1 hope this is of assistance to you
its so expensive because its the entire folder. i already have the folder with the handbook and service and warranty guide (which only goes to 60,000) but only shows these services as A or B type services. im just after the service schedule that has a detailed list of what ford recomend at each each service interval.
i just had a decent look through the service and warranty book that shows when to do A and B services, and it actually describes what is checked in each. now i know what A and B services are all about, as i am a mechanic. but i would have thought that there maybe a more detailed list for each service. or have ford just become that lazy (perhaps even environmentally friendly ) and cut down on the amount of paper they use in thier books?

Quote:
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I was lucky mine came with one ... but I think being an ex-council ute they had to keep up the servicing ... and the books stayed with the ute as well.

But if done with Ford though .... any service department should be able to look up the details on the vehicle and have it on file.

I guess no harm in asking.

I know my details for my Territory is with Ford as I have had it serviced there since new (nearly 3 years old now).

I know my ute service history though ... my mechanic has everything on file ... and I guess when it comes time to selling it ... I will get a print out of it all .... and supply with the vehicle.

Cos I am a nice guy.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #6
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Yeah if its been done at Ford then they can and will print you out copies of everything that was done whilst they had it. When i got mine it had the service history but i wanted to know what was actually done at these services. It says things like replaced globes and things like that along with the general service items.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the reason it is so expensive is you can't get a new service book from ford and blank ones are as rare as although you have a good legal reason to want one some less than honest people can use it to make a car look like it has genuine low Ks when it doesn't so you would be competeing with dodgy operators for this bummer eh
Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #8
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

^^^^^good point. any idea on how much ill be looking at for a print out of service history? knowing ford its more then likely going to cost me at least an arm

Quote:
Old 10-05-2007, 01:39 AM   #9
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

depends on the dealer some will do it for free others will charge the earth like radio codes some dealers will ghive you one for free if you have proof of ownership but i know one dealer charges $25 fo 2 minutes work
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
^^^^^good point. any idea on how much ill be looking at for a print out of service history? knowing ford its more then likely going to cost me at least an arm
I got mine faxed out for free from Coffey Ford in Dande in Melb. They shouldnt charge you for a service history that you are intitled to (damn ford if they do). It will also tell you things like when it went in for recalls and all of the things that the owners had complained about.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post