Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Driving Lights

Hi

Would driving lights from a BA fit into an AU ? Has anyone had this done, i'd love to see some pics.

Driving lights like this BA DRIVING LIGHTS fit onto my AU AU FRONT

I want to get driving lights, but i dont want to spend a fortune or for them to look aftermarket.

Jeff

Old 18-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

im actually after the bracket setup for the driving lights on my ts50 bar. can any one help me there?

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
Soundwarp
Blue to the bone!

I've thought this for the front of mine but not BA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...dwarp/fbar.jpg
Soundwarp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
im actually after the bracket setup for the driving lights on my ts50 bar. can any one help me there?
Here's the a link to a thread that I posted a pic of the bracket Adam used for his XR50 bar, so it should work for the TS50 bar as well.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...3&postcount=15

I think instructions for fitting are on the AWC site somewhere.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAU1
Hi

Would driving lights from a BA fit into an AU ? Has anyone had this done, i'd love to see some pics.

Driving lights like this BA DRIVING LIGHTS fit onto my AU AU FRONT

I want to get driving lights, but i dont want to spend a fortune or for them to look aftermarket.

Jeff
The problem getting a set of lights to look factory on a vehicle that didn't have the option of having them from factory is a difficult task.

I have Hella fog lights on my AU (which is the company Ford use for their current models for fog lights (B-series onwards). They don't look too out of place.

Here's a pic of them here in my lower airdam ... they are a part of the Comet FF-series. They are listed on the Hella website. And are available in Fog and driving light version for this shape.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

no and no hahaha

they wont fit like that and will probably look a bit dicky. there are plenty of aftermarket options that look good.
Old 20-05-2007, 12:27 AM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

BA ones wont come close to fitting without a lot of work, youd be better of getting a new front bar that has provision to suit them.

There are no lights that are going to look factory as such, closest you'd get would be to get them mounted in where the plastic cowling goes on either side of your airdam. You can fit them in there, they will stick out a bit but thats about as close as you'd get.
Old 20-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #8
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I plan on redoing this, with new surrounds around the lights (just fibreglass up something) and change it to look more like the bottom front of a BA rather the a smile...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 01:15 AM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
I plan on redoing this, with new surrounds around the lights (just fibreglass up something) and change it to look more like the bottom front of a BA rather the a smile...

i just noticed your location........how long you been down this way?