Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #121
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
Oh i get ya the only thing special about the xr is the diff and front end bit more aggresive cam and some minor head work improvments also bigger swaybars then standard gli but its not worth spending abit of extra cash to buy it heres a quick list of why its better.

XR vs. Futura - what you got for your money:

* Black (or Red) bumper rub strips and body side protection mouldings depending on which colour paint you ordered.
* A unique four round headlight front including grill-less surround with gun barrel sockets for the headlights.
* Unique front side indicators incorporating a separate parking lense.
* Quad round halogen headlamps featuring projector technology for the outside pair.
* A unique bonnet featuring twin styled air vents (more for visual purposes than anything else).
* XR6 or XR8 badges on the front quarters and below the left hand tail light on the rear of the car depending on which box you ticked.
* Tickford crests on each front guard.
* Unique 15" x 7" five-double spoke alloy wheels.
* P205/65 HR15 steel belt radial ply sports tyres.
* XR6 - High performance 4.0 litre SOHC straight six giving 164kW @ 5000 rpm (vs 157kW @ 4900 rpm for the I6 Futura).
* XR8 - Semi modified High Performance 5.0 litre V8 giving 169kW @ 4500 rpm (vs 165kw @ 4500 rpm for the V8 Futura).
* Tickford reprogrammed gear changes for the electronically controlled four speed auto providing for faster gear changes.
* Tickford developed sports suspension to keep the wheels firmly planted and giving a much better ride height!
* Rear spoiler standard on both wagons and sedans.
* Low profile LED high mounted stop lamp located in the rear spoiler on sedans (rear window mounted stop light still present but disabled).
* Limited slip differential standard.
* Seats trimmed in 'Formula 1' cloth with co-ordinating 'Pitstop' cloth bolster.
* Doors trimmed to match in vynal with 'Formula 1' cloth covered insert.
* Adjustable see through sports front & rear head rests.
* 'Sports' front bucket seats with side bolsters.
* Oil Pressure & Battery Voltage guages.
* 'Charcoal' leather wrapped steering wheel.
* Low Oil pressure and Washer Fluid low warning lights.
* Low Oil pressure audible warning chime.
* Dual horn note.

http://www.trueblueford.com/EFxr_specs.html and theres the website in case anybody else wants to see the rest.

comparing original sales specs is useless for 10year old cars, xr's and ghia's in original and reasonable condition will always be worth more
Old 05-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #122
sexr6tasy
Banned

Well are not original specs the reason people pay more for these cars in the first place let alone 10 years later assuming as you said reasonable condition.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #123
Sundeep
Banned

I think there's another thread going with the exact some topic.

I'll go look at that, then bang my head against a wall, then come back here, then spin around on the ground.

Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop

Sundeep
Old 05-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #124
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Xr's and Ghia's are modded as much as most people want

we're not having a chat about you yagz...but in general........
Old 05-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #125
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
Well are not original specs the reason people pay more for these cars in the first place let alone 10 years later assuming as you said reasonable condition.

ye for xr's futura's are worth nothing..............sorry to say, no matter what condition they're in........it's like buy xf's, no matter how good they are, they're still xf's.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:55 PM   #126
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
I think there's another thread going with the exact some topic.

I'll go look at that, then bang my head against a wall, then come back here, then spin around on the ground.

Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop

Sundeep

thanks homa simpson :P do some burnouts and send me the photos on msn :P i've had enough of yagz
Old 05-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #127
sexr6tasy
Banned

Then its agreed time to party and get drunk
Old 05-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #128
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
thanks homa simpson do some burnouts and send me the photos on msn i've had enough of yagz
I'll do the burnouts and chuck the photos and vid's on myspace. Then you can comment them and stuff.

Problem is I'm at work. Apprently FordForums is OK but myspace isn't.

As y'all can see I do a lot of work :S

Sundeep
Old 05-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #129
niko
likes falcon's

gotta love the old proxies, it's added at mine, luckily i get to use the bosses pc which has this blue plug that goes straight passed mr proxy ahaha
Old 05-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #130
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TickfordBoy
The neighbours were talking to anyone that came outside to see what happened so i gather they've all been influenced by the knob head neighbours!
So I dont like my chances as noone actually witnessed it except the people that made the complaint that said they witnessed it through their lounge room window. Anyone else only knows their story which i gather is not particularly favourable!
So these people have nothing better to do than sit in their lounge and watch for any so called "HOONS" to spin out outside their house and are eye witnesses before ,during and after the incident and can describe in exact detail to the Police. I don't think so!!!

You could find that your insurance company could have a standard reply to these sorts of claims. You must be in the wrong and it's up to you to prove them wrong. I had a situation where my vehicle was involved in an accident and I put a letter of demand to his insurance company. To my disbelief they said the accident was my fault and they were going to send me a bill for his repairs. As soon as I told them I would refer this to my insurance company their attitude changed dramatically.Got my car repaired and his insurance paid for every part of it.

Remember these companies are there to make a PROFIT and if they can get out of paying they will.

Keep on to them. Get them to prove you are in the wrong. People looking at TV and then look up when they hear something outside cannot describe how you got in that situation.
Hope it goes well for you!!
Old 05-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #131
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus
So these people have nothing better to do than sit in their lounge and watch for any so called "HOONS" to spin out outside their house and are eye witnesses before ,during and after the incident and can describe in exact detail to the Police. I don't think so!!!

You could find that your insurance company could have a standard reply to these sorts of claims. You must be in the wrong and it's up to you to prove them wrong. I had a situation where my vehicle was involved in an accident and I put a letter of demand to his insurance company. To my disbelief they said the accident was my fault and they were going to send me a bill for his repairs. As soon as I told them I would refer this to my insurance company their attitude changed dramatically.Got my car repaired and his insurance paid for every part of it.

Remember these companies are there to make a PROFIT and if they can get out of paying they will.

Keep on to them. Get them to prove you are in the wrong. People looking at TV and then look up when they hear something outside cannot describe how you got in that situation.
Hope it goes well for you!!
I couldn't agree more. When the EA was rear ended in 2003 (not much damage), it took 9 months before the insurance company finally coughed up. The bloke that hit me was insured with the same company (Allianz) as my parents (as they owned the EA at the time), so it should have been easy, but Allianz certainly didn't seem interested in getting my car fixed. Needless to say, when I bought the car, I insured it with RACV

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 05-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #132
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Geez you all love to defend your 'XR's' and 'ghias' hey?

private, care to show me proof of where i advertised my ED for $8000? Although, where else are you gunna find a 5 speed ED Fairmont, on LPG, with a LSD, serpentine conversion, EC black paint, lots of mods, and EC interior?

But anyway, people who buy XR's for more money are silly. GLi 5 speed, lokka, wade cam + head work, exhaust, extractors.

See which one goes faster?

The only things that make the XR's special are the diff and front. The rest is available after market, which look better anyway.
Let me just begin by saying, I'm not trying to attack you or your car personally.

As for your car, I distinctly remember seeing it late last year/early this year in the for sale forum, at $8000 as an expression of interest. I believe it wasn't long after you had the gas conversion done. I have tried searching for the thread, but I cannot find it. I do know though that the mods often go and delete useless threads - ie for sales that are later closed etc, and a number of my threads from around this time have gone too.

If I am mistaken, I apologise.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #133
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
ye for xr's futura's are worth nothing..............sorry to say, no matter what condition they're in........it's like buy xf's, no matter how good they are, they're still xf's.
Don't be knockin XF's niko, they're sexy as and far more desirable not to mention valuable, than any crappy old EF/EL Ghia or XR! Check my sig..!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #134
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Geez you all love to defend your 'XR's' and 'ghias' hey?

private, care to show me proof of where i advertised my ED for $8000? Although, where else are you gunna find a 5 speed ED Fairmont, on LPG, with a LSD, serpentine conversion, EC black paint, lots of mods, and EC interior?

But anyway, people who buy XR's for more money are silly. GLi 5 speed, lokka, wade cam + head work, exhaust, extractors.

See which one goes faster?

The only things that make the XR's special are the diff and front. The rest is available after market, which look better anyway.
Goes faster? WGAF

The only person who would think that those mods are worth anything are forum members. And anyone can get an LPG conversion for next to nothing.

Tried pricing up a XR front these days? By the time you get the parts, spray and fit them you could have brought an entire ED.

The point of an XR or Ghia is that you dont have to **** fart around and mod it, its already done. Not everyone can be bothered.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 05-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #135
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you people finished!!!

This thread is trying to help someone who feels that they have lost their most prized possesion and can someone give him some advice on what to do !!!
Go and sort out which is the best model or car out the back yard.
How would you feel if it was your CAR and all you got for advice is what has been put up here recently.

If you got something constructive to say--fine. If not ,take your argument somewhere else!!!

My 2c worth.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #136
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread is trying to help someone who feels that they have lost their most prized possesion and can someone give him some advice on what to do !!!
How would you feel if it was your CAR and all you got for advice is what has been put up here recently.

If you got something constructive to say--fine. If not ,take your argument somewhere else!!!

My 2c worth.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #137
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 2c worth.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #138
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry about the three replies. got angry with the key lol
Old 05-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #139
sexr6tasy
Banned

I think you've got a stutter lotus LMFAO
Old 05-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #140
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus

My 2c worth.
Well has he even called the insurance company. Its pretty straight forward, they either will assess it or he wont. Everyone already said if he has to part it then he can make a bit of cash back, or put the parts into another car.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Closed Thread