Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: How often do you get your AU serviced
Major/minor (50k, 10k) servicing only 57 41.01%
Service more often that recommended servicing 66 47.48%
Service it occassionally (no fixed timing/kilometers) 10 7.19%
Hardly ever 6 4.32%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #61
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_4500
I had my 1999 AU gearbox serviced and flushed last week 28-11-06 and it cost me $275.00, apparently they need to flush about 20 litres through the gearbox to clean it out. I also remember someone telling me never to use Valvoline oil on Fords as it makes the Hydrulic lifter's tick, not that I use Valoline anyway.
Had my gearbox done last month. IIRC about $150 for service and $90 to flush. Was a bit overdue, first service for 120,000k's. I've used a Valvoline semi-synth the last couple of changes and have noticed the lifters a bit noisy. I'll try something else next time, used to use Mobil 1 a fair bit, think they call it something different now.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #62
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Valvoline Oils Are Crap .. So are there Filters and So are there Trans and Manual Oils ..

Castrol Edge Gold Sport is the GO , you get what you pay for .. Alternatively , there is Penrite Semi-Synth , Which is awesome and reduces Fords Ticking ability ..

Ford AU Cooling System is 16.2 Litres , which Means you will need 2 Bottles of Concentrate , dont use Premixed

AU BTR Transmissions use 18Ltrs to Flush and a Further 8 To Refill and Top Up Using ATF Fluid ( Dexron III i think )

Changing my Brakes this Weekend .. Bendix Ultimate Ceramics and RDA Slotted Cross drilled Rotors ..

Along with a Full Pureone Filter , Castrol Edge Oil Change , K&N Filter Swapped to a New FRAM Racing Pod Setup ,

Bring on Racing at Calder on Friday :

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 01:00 AM   #63
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
AU BTR Transmissions use 18Ltrs to Flush and a Further 8 To Refill and Top Up Using ATF Fluid ( Dexron III i think )
Never, mate, NEVER put Dexron in a Ford gearbox. It goes brown & burnt real quick. Type F for the old 3-speeds and I think the oil for 4 speeds is called TQ95 or similar.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #64
SVR73
Mr Polish

Well it hasn't had a service for over a year but it never goes far and will only go interstate by being in the top deck of our supercar transporter.
We have a hoist for the race cars so I borrow that and change oil every 7K, change ign leads every 40K (got eagle golds on their now which has improved starting) change plugs every 40K and diff oil is redline heavy shockproof so 100,000 easy before I change that again.

Coolant gets done every year and I clean out the bottle at the same time. Thats pretty much due now as is brake fluid (once a year) and checking of brakes and bushes/gearbox
Old 04-09-2007, 06:34 PM   #65
blacklabel

Finished my AU's "big birthday service" a couple of weekends ago.Replaced the 5w/30 with 10w/30 Valvoline and have done a long trip up north and day to day running since.No lifter noise-and I'm sitting on 255,000kms- so I wouldn't be too quick to discredit Valvoline oil.
Flushed the coolant and replaced.
New plugs.
Cleaned the throttle body and replaced the filters.Used a Fram air hog this time to compare to the K&N and I am impressed.
Took all my wheels off and cleaned my brakes and rotors.
Added some conditioner to my battery.
Changed my diff oil.

Only recently had my auto done,so I really only have my brake fluid to flush through and replace and she is good for the summer!
blacklabel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post