Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
runvs2
Starter Motor

Default xr8 100,000k service

My AU XR8 is due for its 100,000km service. When I bought it, the owner's manual was not in the car, and the guy I bought it from said he purchased the car without it, so couldn't help. Basically, I need to know what I have to do in this service. I do have an auto repair manual but it doesn't specify give specifics. thank you

runvs2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

did my 100,000 service on my forte a couple of months ago (just did 110,000 service today) service includes:
*Brake fluid flush
*Coolant flush
*Replace fuel filter
*Replace oil filter
*Replace air filter
*Replace engine oil
*check condition of diff and transmission oils, replace if neccessary
*rotate tyres front to rear
*check operation of all lights and wipers, replace if neccessary
*replace spark plugs and leads if neccessary
*check condition of all moving components such as ball joints, wheel bearings, seals etc i.e. no excessive movement, leaks etc
*lubrication of door, boot and bonnet hinges and locks including check plates (use dry lube on check plates lithium grease on the rest) silicon spray or graphite powder in power window guides
and then just a general check over of everything to make sure everything is tight and clean....no leaks
hope this helps

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
EDXR65SPEED

For an AU1 XR8
Oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, plugs and a full check over
EDXR65SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
runvs2
Starter Motor

Thank you all that will help just got to get all the parts now
runvs2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post