Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #61
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Well guys here's the letter im drafting in response to the infrignement.

Let me know what I should change by Sunday night so i can post it on Monday.

----------------

Monday, September 17, 2007

Chris *
Address
Australia

To whom it may concern,

My name is Chris * and I am writing to you in regards to traffic infringement number: **********.

I would like to apply to have the Traffic Infringement Notice reviewed internally by the enforcement agency, as I believe the infringement to be invalid.

The alleged incident took place at the intersection of Punt road and Domain road, South Yarra, and the following is my defense in relation to the matter.

At the time of the alleged offence, the roads were extremely wet and slippery, and visibility was severely reduced as it was raining heavily. I had slowed my speed to compensate for the reduced visibility and slippery conditions.

As you can see from the image taken by camera, my brake lights were on at the time the photo was taken. I was trying to stop (evident by my stop-lights), but in the wet conditions I was unable to do so, and therefore went "over the line" and committed to traveling through the intersection. To come to a halt mid-intersection would have been even more dangerous for not only me, but also other road users on the cross road.

This specific intersection in question also has no overhead traffic light on the inbound side of the cross road. It is very hard to see what colour the traffic lights are at the best of times, but at the time of my alleged offence, it was raining heavily and very slippery, which impaired that view even further. To add to this, when travelling city bound towards this cross road, the left hand side traffic light is actually obscured from view by the two red light cameras.

This is why I believe the infringement to be invalid.

Regards,

Chris
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #62
Bobman
Regulator

Chris,

Good luck with it, I know that intersection well (where Airlie is), however I always go past there at 50km max, as it is inclined from both ways so it's easy to slow down, that said the roadway is very poor & just further down where the Yarra River is, there have been many accidents (which is why they put the yellow tar stuff on there recently).

I got a fine in the mail just yesterday for 1.3 second lapse time at the corner of Victoria & Peel Streets in the city, which I will be checking out the photo, because they really do think we are idiots.

Let us know what reply you receive from them.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #63
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Not sure if this helps, but i saw this thing on Acurrent Afair, n they had a story about traffic lights going off, if you ask for the photo, and draw a line down 20% of the photo, and if the closest point of the car doesn't touch the line then you can argue it, This all sounds outta wack, but hopefully someone could shed some light on it? I remember watching it but not sure about the details of it,
- Ash
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #64
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Well guys here's the letter im drafting in response to the infrignement.

Let me know what I should change by Sunday night so i can post it on Monday.

----------------

Monday, September 17, 2007

Chris *
Address
Australia

To whom it may concern,

My name is Chris * and I am writing to you in regards to traffic infringement number: **********.

I would like to apply to have the Traffic Infringement Notice reviewed internally by the enforcement agency, as I believe the infringement to be invalid.

The alleged incident took place at the intersection of Punt road and Domain road, South Yarra, and the following is my defense in relation to the matter.

At the time of the alleged offence, the roads were extremely wet and slippery, and visibility was severely reduced as it was raining heavily. I had slowed my speed to compensate for the reduced visibility and slippery conditions.

As you can see from the image taken by camera, my brake lights were on at the time the photo was taken. I was trying to stop (evident by my stop-lights), but in the wet conditions I was unable to do so, and therefore went "over the line" and committed to traveling through the intersection. To come to a halt mid-intersection would have been even more dangerous for not only me, but also other road users on the cross road.

This specific intersection in question also has no overhead traffic light on the inbound side of the cross road. It is very hard to see what colour the traffic lights are at the best of times, but at the time of my alleged offence, it was raining heavily and very slippery, which impaired that view even further. To add to this, when travelling city bound towards this cross road, the left hand side traffic light is actually obscured from view by the two red light cameras.

This is why I believe the infringement to be invalid.

Regards,

Chris
If it were me I would delete the last line
Best of luck.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #65
Christiaan

thanks guys.

i will be sending the letter express tomorrow.

cheers
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 25-09-2007, 02:17 AM   #66
EA Bogan

yer, good luck..we need the morons who deliberately speed past red lights to suffer the consequences, not people in situations like this. I was extremely nearly hit the other day by some wigger punk in a hotted up commodore coming 80+ on the other side of the road when i had a green arrow for 4-5 seconds before, he didnt slow down, rather sped up even more. Had to full throtte to stop him ploughing into my tail, i did a fat burnout and almost sideswiped a sigma by doing so..nothing worse than some Holden-driving knuckledragger causing a multiple car accident just cause his crunk rap music has him fired up with all his fully amps and all that nonsense.
EA Bogan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #67
Bobman
Regulator

So, what was the result of this?

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #68
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh do tell. i think i may be getting one in the mail. downhill, pouring rain, 10-15m away from the line, lights went orange and of course you cant even stop in that distance at 50k's in the dry, let alone 55-60 in the wet (70 zone). it flashed twice, and i am sure as hell not going to cop this one on the chin
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #69
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by castek
yeh do tell. i think i may be getting one in the mail. downhill, pouring rain, 10-15m away from the line, lights went orange and of course you cant even stop in that distance at 50k's in the dry, let alone 55-60 in the wet (70 zone). it flashed twice, and i am sure as hell not going to cop this one on the chin
That sucks mate.

I got a letter back saying that I do not qualify for an exemption to the notice, and they extended the notice until the start of November.

I never paid the fine on time, so I got another fine, with extended fee's applicable which is due early December.

I will be writing another letter expressing my opinion about the intersection, and will be offering to go to court and defending my case.

There's no way I'm going to pay half of what my rego costs per year on a red light camera fine that I didn't deserve anyway.

I'll keep you updated guys.