Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-11-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Thanks guys- sounds great actually- it's been an open pod for about 18 months now so in a way I would say it's probably a bit quieter.

The bonnet closes fine with the battery and the airbox and the box seals on the bonnet when closed and this is the way I wanted to do it- alot of the LS1 systems do this and they all rave about it, I haven't seen such a Ford system so thought I'd give it a go. The hardest part was getting the contours right, particulay where the seal on the top of the box meets with the trim on the underside of the bonnet, but thats where the aluminium foil came in ;) - as did it for the contours of the inner guard, which I transferred to a beer carton, which was transferred to a masonite template, which I modified and made the final touches to get a 'hard' template. Once it fitted I laid the stencil on the metal, used a can of spraypaint to mark out the shape and then cut it out of the enamel coated steel. Once it was all cut, just folded it using a piece of wood, tidied up the edges with a dremel grinding wheel, pop riveted on two 90degree brackets to bolt it in the car. cleaned up the white marker and spray paint with some turps, ran a bead of silastic around the bottom of it and done!
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post