Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #61
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
Thats not my defination, its one I found on a law site. Heres the link if your interested.

http://law.anu.edu.au/criminet/tprov.html
Sorry, I looked into that link.. hehe, sorry I must have been too angry at what happened towards 'Casablanca'.

You are right by the way, I got just a little carried away.

ME = :
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #62
Boss 5.4

Glad to hear you got off mate, maybe this guy will think twice about being so agro next time. He caused the accident and then tried to attack you for it, lucky you weren't a small bloke just wanting to get his details, so as Far I can see it, you gave him a couple for all the guys who couldn't. What is wrong with idiots in our society these days, lucky he didn;t run into a chick, reckon he would of had a go still. Got what he deserved.

Good on ya big fella :evil3:

past fords:
81 ZJ Fairlane 351C,
03 BA XR8 Falcon 260kw
Boss 5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #63
Casablanca
carburettor

lol cheers yea i couldnt believe he managed to get up after it though i dont think ive ever hit a bloke that hard that many times in my life and i did bodybuilding and boxing for 4 years. if he was sober i dont think he would have got up, i have a feeling he musta been on speed people are scary on that stuff.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #64
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 5.4
What is wrong with idiots in our society these days, lucky he didn;t run into a chick, reckon he would of had a go still. Got what he deserved.

Good on ya big fella :evil3:
Hahaha, Agree mate!

But I do have to say, if you are one GOOD LOOKING chick, than he would have been more than sorry! Instead of throwing a few punches at a guy 'Casablanca', he would have offered a ride to the Station, hehe. Ah well, whats been done has been done!
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #65
Casablanca
carburettor

too right mate i would have but yeah im just glad its all over and done with finally so much havoc from such a stupidly small thing.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Old 03-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #66
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This reminds me of an incident my cousins loser of a husband had. He hit another car, got all agro, damaged the other guys car even more by throwing punches at it. He ended up going to court, got a $5,000 fine, lost his licences for a year, therefore lost his job as a courier.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #67
Casablanca
carburettor

speeding=getting beat to death=lying to cops=i get off scott free=i still feel bad but he was an idiot to start with
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 03-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #68
Boss 5.4

dont feel bad mate, he was stupid enough to have a swing when it was his fault. Like I said, how would it of ended if it was a smaller bloke and the punch connected, probably would have stomped the guys head afterwards and left the scene. You did good.

past fords:
81 ZJ Fairlane 351C,
03 BA XR8 Falcon 260kw
Boss 5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #69
AndyZH

dude - get off the bloody forum and go and see your doctor about the accident... get his hits on you recorded by a professional, as well as any other injuries you may have sustained in the accident. It WILL come in handy later on, mark my words!

EDIT - Glad it all seems to be working out though!

Last edited by AndyZH; 03-01-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: addition
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #70
Casablanca
carburettor

ok im off to the docs be back shortly hes only bout 5 mins away.

lol better not take the fairlane there huh?
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 03-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #71
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He probably just watched the "ROCKY" box set.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #72
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Here is the meaning of provocation, as you can see it wouldnt relate to whats going on here. The law has been abolished in victoria and tasmania

Where the defendant kills another in Self-Defence the law treats the killing as justifiable - self defence operates as a complete defence to offences against the person such as assault and murder. Where the defendant kills in response to provocation, the law allows a partial excuse which reduces the offence from murder to manslaughter. This is a recognition by the law that a person who kills in the face of provocation is less culpable; while the law will not condone killing in these circumstances, the courts, "as a concession to human frailty", will admit provocation as a partial excuse or qualified defence.
Ok. Well, in queensland it is a defence, depending on the "force" used for self defence. I.e, if you read the case of White v. Connoly, a student at a school was stabbed with a pencil, and he responded by stabbing the other guy with a piece of glass. The guy who stabbed the other with the glass was found to be outside the scope of the defence of provocation because he went beyond what the original defendant did.
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #73
bingoTE50
Steve

You're 6ft 8 and well built and this peanut tried to take you on !!

No question he was on drugs :

The first rule of engagement is to sum up the opposition !! :

I would go to the doctor anyway and maybe report you may have hit your head being 6' 8 in a older vehicle , bit of dizziness , a head ache ,maybe mild concussion , just in case :
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #74
EF347

Good on ya but you gotta try and vent that anger some other way mate, your goin GBH if you damaged him that much.
But hey I luv a good stink!!!!
Cheers
EF347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #75
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

You would think they would slow down being behind a nice old car, i get tailgated all the bloddy time expecialy by p platers when driving my fb holden, i sit there sweating like a pig behind the wheel getting so paranoid there going to run up my a$$

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #76
Casablanca
carburettor

yea it was pretty nervewracking seeing him so close behind me, he just had no respect for other drivers.

to the above comment about venting my anger, yea i know mate i dont ever get into fights as im found to be a gentle giant, but he pushed me beyond the limit.

looking back on it it probably looked funny to passers by a 5' nothing trying to fight a 6'8' behemoth (my nickname from work) i think everyone that passed us just winced at the damage to the fairlane.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 04-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #77
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everyone loses their cool once in a while. My friends say am as placid as can be, but get a very big shock when they see me lose it.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #78
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Everyone loses their cool once in a while. My friends say am as placid as can be, but get a very big shock when they see me lose it.
Yeah, there is a fine line between keeping calm and losing your cool. Especially with so many idiots on the road.
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #79
dave289
Banned

Thumbs up

good work casablanca you should be proud.these dweebs who are often nothing go around harrasing people both on the roads and verbally in the street,have no respect for others and carry on like this.it seems so many young people are like that these days,they just seem to think that they are soooooo tough(not).if you were a smaller person what would have happened.he would have direspectfully tailgated you in a very dangerous manner,not to mention tailgating a fairlane like this on drugs and ****ed,smashed up your car,then want to make out it was your fault and then would have attacked you physically.this dweeb got exactly what he deserved,both for the harrasment to yourself and damage to your car ,not to mention the time and stress he has caused you.it is no doubt this moron would harrass many people in this way both on and off the road.he would be less likely to harras others in the same way again. i believe your actions will be a true deterent for this dope.society will now be a slightly better place with one less moron likely to abuse people.justice to the people has been served.the right outcome for a change.well done casa.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #80
Casablanca
carburettor

thanks everyone who responded to this thread, youve offered some good advice and some non constructive but i appreciate it all the same thank god in the end it all worked out but if i could go back id do it all the same way so pretty much no regrets there.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 04-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #81
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i say good on you for doing what you did, even though it may have been a little excessive breaking his ribs and such s like that always need to be brought down a peg. good luck with court mate.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #82
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
dweebs who are often nothing go around harrasing people both on the roads and verbally in the street,have no respect for others and carry on like this.it seems so many young people are like that these days,they just seem to think that they are soooooo tough(not).
A few years ago, driving to work at 80kmh and at 5:30am, a Crew of 15 or so guys were crossing the road, coming from the Victoria Hotel. They moved slowly across the road and I thought, ‘I’m not moving out of their way or coming to a stop’ because that’s exactly what they want you to do to show they are all powerful. Anyhow, the last guy across being a real smart ar$e, stopped in the middle of the road and put his hands up and leant across the path of my car trying to scare me. No way was I moving so as I went past at 80k, whack! Hit the guy down his right side. Stopped further down the road and around a corner. The damage was I’d lost my side mirror and had a large dent in the front right guard. I reckon his hip and right arm would be pretty dam sore. I thought, I better do it legal and I’d better go back otherwise I’d have the cops looking for me. I didn’t think any of it was my fault. When I returned, the whole group had all collected rocks and whatever. I stopped and copped a rock on the right side of my face and then what I believe was a punch with knuckle dusters. As this happened, they pulled the keys from the ignition so I couldn’t go anywhere and began to stone the car. They then made a run for it and some neighbour had called the cops. The cops went looking for them, I think they already knew who they were, and the end damage to my car was $7,000
(insurance job) plus replacing the car and house keys plus changing the locks on the house. I received $5,000 from Victims of Crime and had to watch my car closely because these guys were all locals, but I expected to get a call from the cops in regard to me hitting this guy with my car but I never heard another thing about it. I may have got off a bit lucky in this instance?
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post