Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #31
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8
cars affected = engine bay fires, 20 brand new cars with engine bay fires, at fault of the manufacturer, is far too much.
i dont care if thats from 80,000 cars or 800,000 cars .

what i find a touch amusing is...they recalled V8's for a fuel line issue when they were just released, now they've recalled all V6 cars, the way i read that is, they made a major fault that affected all cars, and decided to recall them in 2 batches(V8 and V6).
If you had read the article you would have seen the bit whereby there have been zero fires, 20 cars detected with leaking hoses which potentially could have caused a fire.

The V8 and V6 faults were/are different, One was a part which could fail, this one is a rubbing hose which has shown up after cars complete a few KM's.

I read somewhere else that the fix is to reroute the hose and put a cable tie on it. No cost and 30mins max.
BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #32
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac
If you had read the article you would have seen the bit whereby there have been zero fires, 20 cars detected with leaking hoses which potentially could have caused a fire.

The V8 and V6 faults were/are different, One was a part which could fail, this one is a rubbing hose which has shown up after cars complete a few KM's.

I read somewhere else that the fix is to reroute the hose and put a cable tie on it. No cost and 30mins max.
But lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story now:

Quote:
"We've got a condition where one of the fuel lines in the engine compartment has the potential to rub against a clip on an adjacent hose, so over a period of time this could potentially - and I emphasise potentially - result in a leak in the hose and a fuel smell may become evident,'' Mr Lindsay said.

"The chances of this happening are very low but obviously we are erring on the side of caution and we are administering a recall of all (V6) VE and WM Commodores since the start of production.''
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 AM   #33
sbeaugs

http://www.recalls.gov.au/

Check out this for all the recalls check out the motor vehicles section
sbeaugs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #34
red_hotxr6
Banned

I wonder when they actually found out about this, in relation to when they finally decided to let the public know.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #35
woteva

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
very true. Just a shame a issue like this is raised in an australian car.
Yep. I don't think Australian cars are bolted together too well though. I've had plenty of problems with my car over the last 12 months. Admittedly they have all been minor, but when you add them altogether they've been a pain in the rear and a major inconvenience getting stuff looked at. I've reached the point where when I upgrade, I will be going for a different make.
woteva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #36
JONZI3
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac

Just remove the bracket held on by a 10 mm bolt, check if its rubbed through and the line is ok then put a cable tie on it instead of the bracket, job done.
JONZI3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post