Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Mid North Coast Ford Owners Club

Old 22-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
moeytf
CoRTiNa CrAzY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderoo
As some of you guys know, Mel and i went down to Melbourne ( with the kids ) by car ( around 13 hour drive each way with no stops ) to purchase this vehicle. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tab%3DWatching Sounded good, looked good, so we thought it was worth the drive to buy it and drive it home. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!! The new paint was falling off, not just little pieces....but in large chunks, yes it was new paint and was a very nice colour, but i think the guy didnt know how to prepare the body for paint. There were rust bubbles all around the petrol cap, and in the rear quarter pannel on both sides, you could see clearly that all under the rear window was all bog very poorly done and just sprayed over. The paint was only sprayed on the outside and all the inside areas were a crappy fadded light blue that look like chalk, no rear parcel shelf that had holes drilled in it every where. The bonnett pins were fitted incorrectly so there were problems with opening and closeing the bonnett. It had no power at all, the family Kia bus would beat it. The only good thing with the car was the wheels and tyres. The rear wing was off a celica and did not suit or fit the car, it had aftermarket A/C fitted and when switched on made it go even worse than before so a 3 cyl charade would drag it off. Mel offered him 3 grand, but i dont think he liked that and refused, so we came home empty handed :
hey ive got a tf cortina for sale which is currently on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/A-FORD-CORTI...1QQcmdZViewItem

thats the link...if your interested give me an offer...

thanks
moeytf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post