Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #31
GoldCoastGTP
Luxo rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeStRaFe
you realize there is a cable track that runs the entire length of the car?
Also across the top of the doors just pull the A, B & C pillar covers off and pull back the rubber seal and voila there is a great canyon to put the lead
Old 27-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #32
GoldCoastGTP
Luxo rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8220
lol this is the set up i did so i could have them working for the time being, until i find a suitable way to run it.

as you can see here the wire runs up the engine bay.

lol this is where it gets dodgy, wire runs down the guard to the top of the side skirt, runs along the side skirt. then gaffa taped up to stop it from getting caughts. (for more experiences with gaffa tape, cable ties, and pop rivets see the e-series section lol.)

it wouldnt clear the door seal on the front door so i ran it through the rear door.

it doesnt rub and where, i barely notice it there. very rare i have rear passengers. lol im coming up with excuses now, but thats probably because it will more than likely stay there for a while
About as dodgy as a spray on condom - re route it before it rubs and shorts out
Old 10-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #33
5L
[ 5L ]

i got the drill out, still need to get a rubber grommet for it. but much better job lol than the above. after checking out all the holes in the friewall this was my only option.

drilled it right next to the bonnet release cable
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #34
BillC

I am an old auto elec. I always run cables through the existing cable hole. You will find a large loom going from the engin bay into the cabin. It will have a large rubber boot. You put a slight nick into the boot and get a wire coathanger and feed it through the hole. In the cabin find the coat hanger, attach the wire and pull it through. Works every time no matter what car your doing it to. I have fitted at least 30 subs in my time.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #35
BillC

On the fire wall there is a point where a large wiring loom enters the cabin. There is a large rubber boot. Put a small nick in the boot and get a coat hanger and feed it through the hole you make. Get into the cabin and find the coat hanger. Using electrical tape tape the wire to the coat hanger and pull it through. This works all the time.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #36
BillC

Something strage happened. I thought the first post did not work so I did another and then it was there. Spooky.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #37
brad`
The Monty

haha kinda weird happend to me once before.. the old coat hanger trick never gets old works fairly well as well just annoying to find were it comes out some times. Good idea none the less used it a few times to install subs
brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post