Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Default Phone Deals

Hey people
A.t.m. I am with 3 mobile and have been for over 2 years and am happy with the phone service and the basic plan , What I am not happy about is being over charged 3 times in the last 5mths anywhere from a extra $337.00 to $413.00 , So today after waisting 75min on the phone to them and all they are saying again is they will credit my account some time in the next 10 - 14 working days I have decided to look else where for a new phone plan.

What I want to know is, what other company's and deals are out there.

I am after a plan to put 2 or 3 mobile phones on and maybe my work land line as well.

I don't care if it is a personal or business account So long as there is ether really cheap calls OR free calls between the phones on the plan/company . (atm it is free calls to other 3 mobiles for 100min a mth)

If someone has a great deal like what I am after tell me your deal and who it is with.

Cheers
Swanny

Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
trick_xd

So nobody is happy with there mobile phone deals ?
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i am happy i got a $49 cap and a phone that has the theme from the godfather as the ringtone so people know not to mess with me if i am out and it rings
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm on a Optus Business plan. We have about 8 mobile on there can be 2 or 3.

This gives you free sms to each other and calls. Plans start at $29.

Also if i dont use my 29 others on the plan can use it. So basically we have a pool of money to use. But some dont use it all but i go over a bit it dosent matter.

On a 2 year deal you get a new phone.

Hope that helps a bit.
Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
3vXT

I got 2 nokia 6300's both on the optus $49ea capped plans/24 months ($300ea worth of calls) from strathfield and got a free PS3.
Gave one to my mum that she pays for, will swap it over to her name shortly.

My ringtone is
'Thats the way i like it' - KC and the sunshine band :disco:
and the terminator theme for texts
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #6
Jesk
certified nutter

Bundled with mobile internet $20 1gig and $49 cap $300 optus I pay $59 per month which suits me brilliantly, optus have been good to me they have dealt promptly with any issues, (though forgot to confirm that they had been dealt with) Have Little Richard, Keep on Knocking as ringtone :

All this is everything for me as there is no physical line in my house at all so being a rental thats the way I went
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
So nobody is happy with there mobile phone deals ?
Is that a trick question?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #8
Rob
Living the dream

Mobile phones should be banned..... I'm ending up like Manny in Black Books.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #9
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnomc

Also if i dont use my 29 others on the plan can use it. So basically we have a pool of money to use. But some dont use it all but i go over a bit it dosent matter.

A deal like this one with a higher cap might be the go for you Swanny?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
mattl
Live Life To Full BOOOST!

I'm with Optus too..got a $49 mobile cap with em where i get $300 worth of calls and 50 free texts each month. And for my Home Phone I'm with Optus again..on a Fusion plan. Pay $99 a month, get 20gig of ADSL2+, free wireless modem and $0 connection fee and with the Home Phone get unlimited local, interstate, 1300 and Optus mobile calls! The deal suits me perfectly cause all my mates are with Optus so i can call em as many times as i want for free from home phone and can call family up in Brisbane as many times as i want!!

2004 BAII XR6T - Lowered, Exhaust, Tint, Flash Tune, K&N Filter..what next? :

PREVIOUS CARS:

2000 Ford Falcon AUII Forte - Exhaust, lowered & tint

MK III Ford Cortina - Completely Stock!
mattl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Mobile phones should be banned..... I'm ending up like Manny in Black Books.
I could not agree more!! Manny from Blackbooks was onto something. My plan just finished and I am being pestered to make up my mind what plan I now want to go onto. Threw my phone in the bin this morning...Decision on plan made!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #12
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I'm with Telstra...

$79/month, i get $500 credit, free phone (LG TU550) and $59 car kit... its the best plan i've ever been on... and have had a bill over $1100 for a single month and being private use on another plan along time ago...
Old 02-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #13
trick_xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Is that a trick question?

Yes
and in more ways then one

so a few of you guys have Optus and are happy with it.

I make about 150 - 200$ worth of calls a mth and the other phone makes about 100 - 150$ a mth.

I all ready have 2 new phones I only got them at xmass time so maybe just a sim card ??
Old 02-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #14
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

i have two on telstra business same deal pool of credit , no probs with billing so far , i know they can be a bit dear at times but its there lines , so servicce is much better and where i live you cant get another service any ways
Old 02-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #15
a-total-tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnomc

Hope that helps a bit.
I think that this may be the best bet for you.

Look at the Optus business Fleet plans - so that you can get free calls between each other and the call spend sharing, as mentioned above. I am not too sure if optus does it, but I know that one of the Optus service providers (that no longer exists) also had a 'back to base' option - where you could also get free calls to your Optus landline (if you have one).
a-total-tool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #16
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was an Optus customer for 6 years. Until a few weeks ago.

I had 3 months to go on my plan ($79 cap, with a 6233 included, 24 months - Always spent more than I had to), and the phone finally gave up the ghost and i needed a new phone. I rang optus and told them that I'd be happy to sign up to another 24 month contract, if they can advance me a new phone as I urgently needed one. They couldn't do it, so I went elsewhere after paying the last bit owing on my account.

Switched to Vodafone $79 cap. And they threw in a Nokia N95 for free (no handset repayments - as opposed to the $20 repayments a month on Optus). Vodafone includes GPS navigation, Internet browsing, account updates (remaining balance etc etc) ALL in the allocated money ($550) on the 79 cap. I can be sure that my bill's will always be 79, where-as when I was with optus, one bill came in @ $163 with a 'misc charge' - Which they couldn't even explain. And, then had the nerve to tell me that they would halve it!!!
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #17
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

With Vodafone on a $49 cap with $310 worth of calls text and net useage and pay $15/month for my N95
Old 03-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #18
ELtim
Six One Eight

I'm on optus turbo charge credit.

I was going to get a plan and get one of those phones with GPS. But, my phone now is strong as steel and does exactly what I need it for.

So I'm sticking with it.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #19
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm on the same plan as blueprint happy with telstra. would never use optus because of their missleading mobile adds ( the one with the chimp) they tell you to decide which is best and offer the optus cap plan against the telstra member plan when the correct comparison is against the telstra cap plan of the same value. they try to convince you that you are 100s of $$$$$$$ better off under optus but they are comparion apples with bananas talk about shonky. to me this is fraudulent advertising and I would never deal with such a disshonest company . if they lie in their adds they will rip you off. also next G ( which is not the same as 3 g it has different WCDMA frequencies for rural performance) will perform much better in remote and rural areas

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #20
ingall9

i am just with telstra for my mobile and use Next G as the other network isnt so good here. I pay $79/month and get $450 worth of calls, my missus is on a slightly dearer plan and gets $550 worth of calls, between us we just use our mobiles, we cancelled the home phone cause we were paying line rental for nothing and once we got satellite BB we didnt need the phone line for dial up. I wouldnt use Dodo, i havent heard a good thing about them. Stick to the major companies like Optus, Telstra and Vodofone and you should be right. All of the smaller ones like 3 are just sub brances of the major telco's anyway. Matt
ingall9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post