Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
JimmyBAXR6
Starter Motor

Default Au fan belt

Hey guys I need to get to the cam chain tensioner to fix an oil leak. the last ford i had was an EA (hence its been a while) although I also have a BAXR6 I brought in Nov 07, which has been a great car, however I can't figure out how to remove the fan belt....the EA had a tensioner pully you could loosen to get it off....can anyone help?

JimmyBAXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
JimmyBAXR6
Starter Motor

Sorry everyone its not the BA I am trying to fix its an AU ute
Old 26-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

yeah the au has a tensioner pully that you put a rachet on and pull on, it is spring loaded, if you push on the belt you'll see it move and see which way to move it to get the belt loose
5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #4
JimmyBAXR6
Starter Motor

yeah i thought so. there is no hexhead on it though? are you talking of a special ratchet?
Old 26-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #5
tufLTD
tufLTD

It's not a hex head, it's a 3/8" square, just use a 3/8 ratchet.
tufLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 01:46 AM   #6
sly
Sly like a G6

If you're fairly strong you can lift the belt off one of the smooth-side pulleys with your hands then slide it off. This gives enough slack to remove it from the other pulleys. I usually take the thermo fans out first to give some room. I used to be able to put the belt back the same way but since I put a new belt on at around 300,000km I've had to use the ratchet handle. The new belt's my excuse anyway... soon I'll have gold chains, a convertible and a busty blonde LOL.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 03:00 AM   #7
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

hehe if gold chains gets me a busty blonde im in.
5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post