Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-06-2005, 03:24 PM   #31
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Lo once i was busy concentrating on petrol prices an ran a red light. Lol lucky it wasnt busy. It was so stupid.
yes i to have done this, makes you feel like a complete **** hey!

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #32
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

I'm with Yaw on page 1 of this thread, buy a small curved mirror and stick it to your side mirrors, only a few bucks. Typically placed inner-bottom.

Must do that shoulder check (neck excersize) and keep a regular eye on rear-approaching traffic every few seconds at most. It's just an eye glance.

If your going to overtake someone, or a group of vehicles ahead, you can legally give a very 'quick' flash of the high-beam to help alert them to your presence, your indicators then show your intention.

Better than being sideswiped......

Better note my sig lol...
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #33
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical_ED
Me being on my l's and being in a 100km/h zone, people obviously do catch up quickly. To the story. i was happily driving along, doing the right thing, indicate to merge (end of overtaking lane), and saw a 4wd in the rear view mirror, as soon as i indicate, and check my blind spot, i start to merge, but the silly in the 4wd decides "HMMMM an l plater i'm gonna speed up when he is merging", so she did that i had to get out of it, and then swerve back over, finally the stupid backed off and let me in, with a quick one finger salute i was back up to speed, also my parents gave her a few nice gestures. Anyway, she kept harassing me on the single laned road, so naturally i decide screw this, so i slowed down from 80, to 60km/h, then when she backed off i would go back up to 80, then she would come up so i slowed down again. (no other cars just me and her). finally it came to another overtaking lane so she sped past me, with a few nice words out the back window from my dad, and another one finger salute she was gone.
It really gives me the sh!ts when fully licenced drivers dont respect learners and dont give them room, they dont understand that they are nervous and are sometimes unpredictable, she is lucky that i at that stage had 48 hours under my belt so was starting to get the hang of driving. I know i am not perfect and all, but i mean geez, she could have given me room to merge.

oh that is oh so familiar.. fully licenced thinking they have the right of the road.. grumbles off to myself...

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post