Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #31
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
But whats the base fuel selling for over there?

Might not be a bigger difference as you though, they won't sell it for much more than what the 98 goes for, shell canned their 100 i would assume due to limited success?
Average price in the UK for Premium Unleaded equivalent is approx £1.30per litre.........so BP102 is almost double the price................ :

If that translates directly over to AUS............It means we may see it at $3.10 per litre ?????????

Methinks this fuel would only be available at 1 servo per capital city for TRACK day heroics and light aircraft drag racing.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #32
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Average price in the UK for Premium Unleaded equivalent is approx £1.30per litre.........so BP102 is almost double the price................ :

If that translates directly over to AUS............It means we may see it at $3.10 per litre ?????????

Methinks this fuel would only be available at 1 servo per capital city for TRACK day heroics and light aircraft drag racing.
Why are you even comparing the price of UK fuel to ours? It is pointless and meaningless.

If it does happen it will be 20-25cpl more than regular unleaded.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 10:42 PM   #33
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Why are you even comparing the price of UK fuel to ours? It is pointless and meaningless.

If it does happen it will be 20-25cpl more than regular unleaded.
Ahem........

I guess you haven't read the whole thread through ????

I was merely referring to the fact that this fuel has been around in the UK for a couple of years now and the ratio cost of BP102 to their PULP is almost 2 to 1...............I was merely speculating that it may be the same here based on the fact that BP102 is basically a RACING fuel specifically aimed at competition club racing etc..........
Old 28-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #34
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Ahem........

I guess you haven't read the whole thread through ????

I was merely referring to the fact that this fuel has been around in the UK for a couple of years now and the ratio cost of BP102 to their PULP is almost 2 to 1...............I was merely speculating that it may be the same here based on the fact that BP102 is basically a RACING fuel specifically aimed at competition club racing etc..........
I have and still can't see your point as the UK and AUS markets are in no way comparable. Even if they sold it at a 50cpl mark up over regular it would be a spectacular failure and if I can see that I am damn sure that their marketing dept. can too.
Old 28-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #35
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have and still can't see your point as the UK and AUS markets are in no way comparable. Even if they sold it at a 50cpl mark up over regular it would be a spectacular failure and if I can see that I am damn sure that their marketing dept. can too.
Agreed, consumers here are 'tight .esses' when it comes to forking out for fuel..even at a 20cpl gap between BP102 and regular unleaded it will only appeal to a very limited market, and will be doomed to failure.
Old 28-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #36
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
IF it came here.........BP102 would not be marketed at the general enthusiast market. It would be aimed at ULTRA high performance car owners / club racers who own Porsche GT2's and the like.

These people don't care about the price per litre like we do........I'm sure BP aren't trying to mass market this product when most of us are struggling to fill our cars with regular unleaded !!!! It is not an alternative to Ultimate.........It is a specifically designed boutique fuel for the privileged minority.......and full on MOTOR SPORT enthusiats........I'm going on 1st hand info from someone who has seen the demographic of how this fuel is already marketed. If you know otherwise, I'm happy to stand corrected.......

Based on the failure of V power RACING 100 Ethanol blend fuel in AUS......I don't know why BP would even bother trying the same thing.............
Old 28-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #37
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So it sounds like it will be sold in 20l or 200l drums....what makes this so different to the other motorsport fuels available like VP or Martini???
Old 28-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #38
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
IF it came here.........BP102 would not be marketed at the general enthusiast market. It would be aimed at ULTRA high performance car owners / club racers who own Porsche GT2's and the like.

These people don't care about the price per litre like we do........I'm sure BP aren't trying to mass market this product when most of us are struggling to fill our cars with regular unleaded !!!! It is not an alternative to Ultimate.........It is a specifically designed boutique fuel for the privileged minority.......and full on MOTOR SPORT enthusiats........I'm going on 1st hand info from someone who has seen the demographic of how this fuel is already marketed. If you know otherwise, I'm happy to stand corrected.......

Based on the failure of V power RACING 100 Ethanol blend fuel in AUS......I don't know why BP would even bother trying the same thing.............
You aren't going to get any argument from me on that one. Unless it is a mass marketed thing with more than 6 servos selling the stuff (ala Shell 100) and it sells for a reasonable price per litre it will flop. Why sell it is a boutique fuel, there are plenty on the market already and I can't see BP offering any advantages over the likes of Martini, VP etc. If all they can do is sell it for a slightly lower price than those it will still fail unless it is proven to provide more HP, something I doubt.
Old 28-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #39
Shounak

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Was at my friendly local BP today applying for a loan to buy a tank of petrol and discussing life, the universe and everything with the owner when he told me about the new BP 102 ron that will be available shortly. It is currently being tested in WA before deployment countrywide.

This will be good news for those who like fast. I wonder what it will sell for per litre?

The other thing he said was the he is looking at removing his e-gas. He said it is a pain, he sells bugger all of it and those who do buy it tend to be difficult, complain about everything, especially the price and never buy anything in the shop.

Interesting.....
What's e-gas?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #40
loltastic
Banned

If this fuel is indeed E85 like I've heard, it'll be cheaper than regular unleaded by about 20-25c p/l.
loltastic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #41
MRHELE

If it's not going to be sold at the pump, then it's a waste of time talking about it.
There's much better fuel's out of the tin already on the market.
MRHELE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post