Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #91
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6 XR6T
The Falcon name is the longest running nameplate in Australia. The Falcon has many firsts contrary to what Holden will have you believe. Infact, Falcon has more heritage in Australia than Holden do. Ford should make a point of this and advertise it. This is what was told to me the the FG launch at a Perth dealership.

Can you elaborate on that a bit for us? I thought the Falcon started a local life after the US dropped the range. Up until then our Falcons were basically the shape of the previous year's US offerings. Even the XP was really just a variant of the XK/XL/XM shape while they waited for the old XR tooling from the US/Canada.

e.g.

1966 US Falcon

1967 US Falcon

Last edited by Wally; 04-05-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #92
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6 XR6T

Where it's success will lie though is Ford Oz's ability to communicate this and to get punters into the drivers seat. The car will sell itself.
Ford replacing my local dealer would be a good first step in getting me into the drivers seat of the new Falcon. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that. They are the first and most serious threat the FG Falcon has for success.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #93
red_hotxr6
Banned

Any one notice that the new Holden adds are now actually about the car itself.??? Wonder why??? :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #94
GTP290

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Any one notice that the new Holden adds are now actually about the car itself.??? Wonder why??? :
Call me stupid, but I dont get it?
Old 06-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #95
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_a_V8
Those 20 inch spoked rims with low profile tyres look hot! Just need revulcanising and would look even sweeter.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #96
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus
Those 20 inch spoked rims with low profile tyres look hot! Just need revulcanising and would look even sweeter.
Whats with the PIC above? Would'nt mind those rims thoe...
TERMINATOR X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #97
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
And the excessive use of ABS plastic in the Holden was a turn on I suppose?
As for the shape of both the VE and FG, I think you'll find even the Holden die-hards were saying the VE looked like the BA; so who is copying who?
As an engineer I thought you would have understood the costs of tooling to make moulds, panels etc. I also put it to you that you haven't in fact seen an FG, as they are not available right now, so your assertion of the carry over parts is fatally flawed. BTW, define "Poorly integrated controls" for us will you, but just for fun do it whilst cross referencing the VE.

So firstly your criticism of the Berlina tries to set up your impartiality, when really you have no interest in the Berlina nor any base model, you are really trying to <b>espouse</b> the virtues of a more upmarket commodore like a HSV opposed to an FG. Nice. As for ford reps allegedly being critical of Holden then what, unlike the captiva ads that directly compare to the public arena that they are better? Or perhaps it's the latest round of ads that are misrepresentative of the facts when they declare that "Holden go better". Who's pulling whose Larriet now?

If tea and biscuits is all you care about then you should get a nice cardigan on and but a toyota. Then think about placing a sun hat on the parcel shelf and drive methodically 10kmh below the speed limit whilst sitting in the fast lane. As for transmissions that explode, look no further than the "Go better" tea and biscuits mob who have the monopoly on rubbish transmissions that go bang in the night whilst irrigating your driveway with ATF. Please don't buy a ford though, as I have seen many stickers adorning rear windows as to why God invented Holden, and in your case I think it applies.
your a champ man .

unfortunately you have to read 100 crap posts to read one like yours.

I did however feel the same and I find it incredible that the "BA'S " ques have been lost when referring to the VE as it has just puffed the BA out of proportion.This from the guys that said the BA was out of proportion.Figure

No brownie points from past sales as this is when ford needs us.Though two BA's will have to do me for some time.

Other amazing thing is the debt that the FG {aparently owes to focus.VE defenders seem to forget this whan it has world wide been such a huge success ford would be mad not to use it as a styling starting point.

It was nice to read from a holden guy that their V6 was such a disapointment the noise of it trying to thrash it's self to pieces at revs is amzing and nowonder that they had to get the V8. I have felt this since the VN and every model after .They are such a pussy car having to rev the shi t out of them to ge them going.Cruise control as stated before is bloody dangerous.

For a laugh next time your in one {company car just free rev it.The car shakes like a shi t house and is funny as.

Further did you like the fuel economy 12/100.Might have seen 12 at one time on the screen but what is the average.

thanks for treasure

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #98
Carby

What a lame post - has no merit whatsoever, and as for ltd stating that Holden transmissions go bang in the night this is total BS. They may not be as good as the current Ford transmissions but they don't give much trouble either, esp. the 4 speed.

By the way the Holden's old powerglide, Turbo 350 and Turbo 400's were great transmissions, too bad they went and replaced them with the Trimatic that was very ordinary by comparison!
Carby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #99
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP290
Ive said it before and id say it again, the Holdens looks are very important to Holden, there first priority is to build a good looking car, first and foremost, they now looks sell, Ford dont, look at the well documented AU, be conservative build a nice looking car, then second it with a nice interior and if its even half decent it will sell, Holden know this and have been using this philosophy for years.
This thread was dug up from the past...

I'd take issue with the critisism on looks though. Personally, I'd have given the nod to the Commy over the Ford in the AU days but since the BA and absolutely since the VE vs FG, the Ford looks way better on the road. I believe Ford did recognise that the AU wasn't seen as a svelt beauty and the BA was a complete turnaround.

The XR range absolutely slays the S and SS Commys and the base models are very handsome in the FG, IMO. I actually think the Holden Luxobarges are the only truly good looking Holden out of the VE range.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #100
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus
Vintage cars' wheels were around 25 inch.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post