Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Best Mufflers - Carlton NSW

Can anyone recommend this mob? or any other exhaust outfit in southern sydney (St George, Sutherland Shire/Bankstown)

Their website seems impressive and look to have done work on T's and Bosses

2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
fiesta8u

Hey mate, i havnt heard too much good about them, and not much bad so im not quite sure, although i have never been there but i know a few people that have.
fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
swanee
spoolin!

My mate had his 69 Mustang (complete system - headers and exhaust) done there. And another mate had his XR6 ute done the with a cat back system. Both are top quality work.

Both sound very nice too.

Previous Rides - 2014 Black Mica PX XLT Ranger Dual Cab 3.2 Diesel

2011 FPV GS 315 Sedan. Sunburst, manual, fully optioned. Build #165.

My 1955 Ford Thunderbird Project (A tribute to my late mother) - 1955 Thunderbird Build Thread
swanee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Why are you changing systems Pete? Is it because you want the quads look?

So you really are selling the berklee cat back?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
Penko

Absolutly great place, can not recommend them enough. Cant help you with the quetion of Boss's and xr6t's.

I have got them to fit an exhaust to my VZ R8 - Great system, no droning and top quality workmanship.

Also got a set of extractors and exhaust fitted to a 2006 ford focus. Again top quality job. Got an extractor leak a month on, went back and fixed at no charge.

They really put time and effort into the cars they work on, and give you many options.

cheers

Ford Focus LX
Xforce 4-1 Extractors, Xforce 2.5" Exhaust, K&N Performance Cold Air Intake, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension All Round, 18" Zanetti Wheels, Sony 800 Watt Amp + Pioneer 6/9 + 12" MTX Sub
Penko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kirrawee Mufflers:

http://www.kirraweemufflers.com/

Had no drama's with the work they did on my NC
Old 25-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its liverpool mufflers for me great prices and decent work.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are meant to be very good. All though they told me extractors and exhaust wont be much use to my xr6, Unsure what to make of this comment.

Personally Sutherland exhaust, They actually get out and race, I think they had a vs commodore! They have done all my work on my previous cars. Great mob.

Also as above in previous posts. Kirrawee mufflers opposite the car wash! There up there with ford stuff, the owner has a few from memory!
Macca23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #9
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca23
They are meant to be very good. All though they told me extractors and exhaust wont be much use to my xr6, Unsure what to make of this comment.

Personally Sutherland exhaust, They actually get out and race, I think they had a vs commodore! They have done all my work on my previous cars. Great mob.

Also as above in previous posts. Kirrawee mufflers opposite the car wash! There up there with ford stuff, the owner has a few from memory!

Thanks everyone for all that..On doing searches and that there doesn't seem to be many around
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 25-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chris the owner of Best mufflers is the man when it comes to exhaust systems. He knows his stuff and his work it the best ive seen. He done a rear muffler on my car and it was awsome.

With chris he charges abit more than others but when u see his work you will happily hand over the money.
mickyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #11
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

Liverpool Exhaust... little bit further to travel for you, but well worth it!!!!!!!!!!
tickin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #12
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Liverpool exhaust is good but they ride off all other products and say they have the best products on the market.

I have a friend that Chev from Liverpool exhaust made him 2 custom mufflers and they seem to work great.
Old 26-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #13
nat_daly
Nat D

guarentee you take it to to windsor exhaust you will get quick excellent workmanship, and it's normally alot cheaper then all other places. .give them a call and ask for peter if he's still there. wont be dissapointed
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #14
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One vote for Exhaust Technology, Kings Park top work but its a fair drive out of the shire for you Pete hehe. Atleast you could hear it open up and enjoy your new zorst on the Hey Plains on the return trip.
:

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 02:54 AM   #15
billkara

Hey mate. Got my car done at best mufflers. Owner is Chris. I think he is the best. Charges a bit but you wont get better quality in sydney in my opinion. check out his work on www.bestmufflers.com

I think reason why he is unknown to many is because he is relatively new.
billkara is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #16
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
One vote for Exhaust Technology, Kings Park top work but its a fair drive out of the shire for you Pete hehe. Atleast you could hear it open up and enjoy your new zorst on the Hey Plains on the return trip.
:

Thanks Scott...bit far for me though mate

Old 27-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #17
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chris does alot of work for for Solo Hurcules, AN racing aka ground corp and a few others.
Old 27-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #18
billkara

Im guessing your exhuast is for the BA GT? heres on of Best Mufflers jobs on a GT

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Informat...ord_bf_gtp.htm
billkara is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #19
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

That is the best looking exhaust system I've ever seen on a BOSS!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #20
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickin
Liverpool Exhaust... little bit further to travel for you, but well worth it!!!!!!!!!!
Having had a set of custom extractors and a complete exhaust just done there I cant reccommend them,the workmanship by the young fella who did the work was good,but they didnt do the primaries the length I had wanted,and it seems one of the cowboys there decided to use the grinder to cut an exhaust on the hoist with my car parked next to that bay,the result was grinding sparks embedded into my perfect silver paint on the boot..eventually Jimmy admitted fault and apologised,but getting anything done to repair it was like talking to a brick wall,not answering the phone or returning messages etc,eventually they agreed to send they're detailer to look at the car,which not surprisingly never happened,

another one chalked up to experience...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #21
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_daly
guarentee you take it to to windsor exhaust you will get quick excellent workmanship, and it's normally alot cheaper then all other places. .give them a call and ask for peter if he's still there. wont be dissapointed
I have heard the same ... took my AU in there to fix a leak when busy ... and they fitted me in .. and fixed another issue that the installer stuffed up with at no extra charge ... I was impressed ... I'd go back there again as well.

They do impressive truck pipe work as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #22
Muscle_Inc
GT= The Gamble,The Legend

I have dealt with Chris from bestmuffler as well and i couldnt be more happier with the sevice he provided for my xr8. I highly recommend him!

From memory as well chris used to work at ''Australia's Best'' on canterbury rd for quite some time till he started his own business.

Howard Marsden -They were at time rated supposedly as the fastest 4 door production car in the world.

Bill Bourke - Part of the GT that changed the auto industry of australia, i would say one word, exciting it added excitement to the industry.

-GTHO P3
Muscle_Inc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #23
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats correct he did work at Australia's best
Old 29-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #24
nat_daly
Nat D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I have heard the same ... took my AU in there to fix a leak when busy ... and they fitted me in .. and fixed another issue that the installer stuffed up with at no extra charge ... I was impressed ... I'd go back there again as well.

They do impressive truck pipe work as well.
yeah definately one of the best.
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #25
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

They certainly look to do great quality stuff.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post