Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #31
alesia
Banned

it is odd how people persieve other people and their cars, myself included.
i live in a town were 90% of cars are holdens (mostly commodores) people get called bogans by the way they sit , mostly bogans are: seat almost as far as it will go, music distorting, left hand on the steering wheel right elbow on window sil with their right hand on their chin, doesnt matter what the car looks like really. but ricers, we use the term without a real (for lack of a better word) Citeria for so called ricers to fit into, comment could be based its performance,the look of the car, or the person driving it, there is no real " This is what a Ricer is" its everybodys personal opinion
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #32
bazzalong

what is rice? now thats a good question! id have to say that it would be a car that is done up to look like something its not, fair enough youve got a wishlist, but make sure you got the parts from those manufacturers, or your a try-hard.

ive run with guys that had fours that would blow the doors off a BA GT-P, and have, but the difference is that they know cars, but what makes a "ricer" is having no idea about thier car, or any one else's, and what makes a car "rice" is the fact that they are being driven by such people
bazzalong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #33
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
As for 'rice'... its quite simple: form without function
I'll go with this statement.

My RZTT has been referred to as rice before which I take as a stupid and naive comment by someone who obviously is not a car enthusiast, just thinks they are among other things.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #34
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I'll go with this statement.

My RZTT has been referred to as rice before which I take as a stupid and naive comment by someone who obviously is not a car enthusiast, just thinks they are among other things.
Guarenteed the Supra would rape the majority of commodores and falcons anyday aswell.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 PM   #35
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Guarenteed the Supra would rape the majority of commodores and falcons anyday aswell.
Maybe Mitchay, but my point is really from a design and engineering point of view. The RZ would have to be up there with some of the best manufactured performance cars of this century regardless of who manufactured it. For a so-called car enthusiast to label it as 'rice' is beyond me. That doesn't mean however that I expect everyone to like these type of cars, just respect them for what they are.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:36 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Maybe Mitchay, but my point is really from a design and engineering point of view. The RZ would have to be up there with some of the best manufactured performance cars of this century regardless of who manufactured it. For a so-called car enthusiast to label it as 'rice' is beyond me. That doesn't mean however that I expect everyone to like these type of cars, just respect them for what they are.
Anyone who labels these imports rice really doesnt have a clue. Nissan, Toyota, and Honda, Subaru etc. People might not like them but to call them rice just shows lack of knowledge about cars.

Not to mention a lot of them dont neccessarily have to be high powered either its just that they are better engineered. Example. A 93 300ZX TT does 0-100 in 5.2 give or take a bit and has 206kw. You can buy a HSV GTS with 300kw which does 5.1 claimed. R34 GTR has i think 276kw.

Supras are definately up there in my books and i would NEVER refer to them as rice.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #37
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Steffo nailed it. Again.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:50 PM   #38
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Alot of your definitions would make my XA rice, but I really don't care. It's a gutless 302 that sounds good, lowered onto some nice wheels and that's about it. It looks really good, sounds awesome but it's as slow as buggery. I don't consider it rice.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #39
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
Alot of your definitions would make my XA rice, but I really don't care. It's a gutless 302 that sounds good, lowered onto some nice wheels and that's about it. It looks really good, sounds awesome but it's as slow as buggery. I don't consider it rice.
The variations in definitions have rendered just about every car in the world rice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
Greg Murphy's a Dick.
Indeed.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 05:28 PM   #40
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
RZTT supra, R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, STI, EVO, T Silvia and so would these and many more..to many to list, but what i determin rice is the cheap run off's of these models like, lancers, GTS's, GTST's and WRX's that people try and make 10sec beasts with stickers and dinner plate exhausts.

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #41
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Anything thats all show and no go.
Blinged up Lancers, Mirages and generally everythn thats exterior with no engine work.
Anything designed to be an economical shopping trolley that some sad individual puts a 4" cannon with NO OTHER ENGINE MODS onto.

Now CDAA's Supra - wow. Cars like that deserve to have large exhausts/other exterior mods because they have the power to go with it!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:27 PM   #42
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Thats Rice.
Anything else no matter how poor in taste is someone elses opinion on what looks good, it may not be mine or most peoples but that is what makes them " special ".
Old 11-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #43
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats definately rice all right.