Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Default Painted Brakes?

anyone got any pics of when they painted their brakes, just need to suss it out a bit.
cheers,

Old 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

What are you after? just pics of them being actually painted??

I got pics of my ppm calipers after they were put on the car. but they were painted from the factory
http://members.westnet.com.au/veloci...?photocatid=21
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Umm well im hoping im stupid enough to do them myself and try not to stuff it up. how much is it to get them done?
Old 12-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Lanyi

Why would doing them yourself be stupid?

I'd suggest you do a search here and on xr5turbo.com. xr5turbo has awesome info on diy's and other interesting projects - worth signing up. There is about 8 pages worth of pics of people with painting calipers on the site. True, they look a bit different with the xr5t's bigger brakes and wheels, but still worth a look to get a feel for the job. I'm pretty sure there is 'walkthrough' on how to paint the calipers as well.

Read up on it, have a look at the brake setup on your car and judge for yourself if you can buy the PROPER caliper paint (supercheapauto, autobarn), remove the brake calipers for a 'good' paint job and whether you are confident in applying the paint.

Seeing that you only asked for pics though... go to www.fordxr5turbo.com and search for painted calipers, I think you will find what you're looking for.
Lanyi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

A really good kit is the P.O.R 15 brake caliper paint kit..

Great prep and ceramic paint

http://www.ppc.au.com/kits5.htm

Better than the el cheapo stuff, and because you brush it on rather than spray. It gives a stronger finish than spray, and you don't have to remove calipers
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Hmm cheers guys. might get that brush on set. do you recon i'd be able to do 2 wheels at a time instead of four like they say?

lanyi, i cant view anythin from the xr5t forums bcoz im not a member.
Old 15-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #7
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

2 wheels at a time is easy. It just takes twice as long if you do it two brakes at a time. But you'll need a full day as the drying times are slow..in fact you need it to set overnight. With Summer upon us though, a great time to do it
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Yeh bcoz i dont have anythin to hold to car up if i do all four.. hmm

gotta love summer