Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
mudwaa

Default Leak in rear hatch.

I know a lot of people have had the problem with leaks in the rear hatch with the LS but does anyone know the exact spot that the water comes in. I know its a warranty thing but if i can fix it myself after work id prefer to. Ive only had a few drops before until the downpour last weekend let heaps of water in. Any help greatly appreciated.

mudwaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

I think the warranty issue you're possibly thinking about is the LS hatches didn't have the little black strips on the edges of the glass, and what was happening was when you open the door in the rain, the water would run off the glass and into the boot, LT and onwards have the little black strips and i'm pretty sure you can get em though spare parts.

I could be wrong though.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

with my LT hatch I had two little puddles one on each side of the floor against the side panels sometimes after rain ( which we do not get much of in Vic). suspect the tail lights seating is less than 100% as they block the water flow down the side of the rear hatch
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
mudwaa

It is definitely coming in aroung the tail lights or one of the welded seams around the hatch somewhere. Need to pull the insides out and get in while someone hoses it. did putsome silastic around the a spot under the lights tonight
mudwaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Had this problem..... under the tails lights at the top there is a weld where the roof overlaps the side. I found on both sides of my car a gap between the panels maybe about 5mm long and 2mm high. filled it with salleys no gaps. and no more leak.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post