Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #31
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

next time I commit a crime ill be sure to notify you first FF. Once its passed through the Conspiracy Against Soccer Committee it can be forwarded to the police. Ill wait on the lawn.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #32
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
next time I commit a crime ill be sure to notify you first FF. Once its passed through the Conspiracy Against Soccer Committee it can be forwarded to the police. Ill wait on the lawn.
Onya sb..

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:32 AM   #33
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Falcon Freak....do you really know the origin of soccer ...just in case you don't I shall give you a brief history...it began with the Aztecs when they used a human skull as the ball and scored by putting it thru hoops on the sidelines,the winning team went amongst the crowd and took what they wanted...the losing teams captain was decapitated and his head was used as the ball in the next game.

So if soccer is the civilised game you expound counter my assertion!!!!!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 08-08-2005, 12:34 AM   #34
b2tf
not here much anymore

So about that complaint to the AFL............ _
Old 08-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #35
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Jeezuzz Christ...

Lets just leave the wog-ball to the wogs, and the Gay-F-L to the fairies... and get back to watching good old Rugby League!

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #36
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 'un
Jeezuzz Christ...

Lets just leave the wog-ball to the wogs, and the Gay-F-L to the fairies... and get back to watching good old Rugby League!
Now Young 'un be fair if people want to devote their weekends and support to games of Cross Country Ballet, then who are we to question it!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #37
AdzT3-146
own the road

not only wogs play soccer in this Country.

and the GAY-F-L? hahaha. comin from a supporter of the game where blokes get around sticking their fingers up other blokes asses.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #38
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef_classic
not only wogs play soccer in this Country.

and the GAY-F-L? hahaha. comin from a supporter of the game where blokes get around sticking their fingers up other blokes asses.
I played soccer for 2 years. Man it was so soft. You slide tackle someone and they cry but then again i came from Rugby league.

Hmm you wanna play that Hoppa card eh lol. I remember hearing somewhere that in GAY-F-L someone bit another player on the balls. Plus the fairy boys jump on eachothers back.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:36 PM   #39
AdzT3-146
own the road

this thread is going nowhere lol. yeh the soccer boys are a bit soft, i wasnt saying they're tough. i was just saying that not only wogs play soccer in Aus.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Old 08-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #40
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Yes can we get back to the complaint....I took my three boys to the game yesterday aged 9,8,6. This was our very first game Lions vs Hawthorne. When I purchased the tickets I was told how great it is for the family. When we got to the game our seats were behind the goal post in amongst some of the Hawthorne fans. This did not worry me as we are really not huge fans of the game but we wanted to see the lions play before we left Brisbane at the end of the year.

Everything was fine, got pelted with footballs during the warm-up and the kids thought this was great. It was when the game started that our fun ended. Every second word that came out of the Hawthorne supporters behind us was abusive and offensive. I have never heard of such language. A few of the Lions fans asked them to tone it down (due to the kids) but their response was "If you dont like it you should not have got general admission tickets explicit explicit". Some abuse was directed at us. This made the kids scared.

Towards the end of the game I was feeling very intimidated by them to the point of telling the boys just to sit and not cheer or say anthing. It was our first experience at an AFL and I am sorry to say unfortunatley it will probably be our last.

I need to add that we have taken the kids to numerous NRL games in Townsville with the cowboys (which was fantastic for the kids) and to Lang Park with the Broncos and State of Origin and have always had an excellent family day out. We have never come across this type of intimidation and abusive language before at any NRL games.

I guess we are just really disappointed and I think the AFL should know. I just wanted my boys to have a good experience but all they got was a new vocab which I dont want them repeating and they now know what it is like to be scared.

I will still watch the Lions play on TV but I think in the future we will stick with going to see an NRL game.

Oh and go the Broncos in the Final....
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:58 PM   #41
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef classic
this thread is going nowhere lol. yeh the soccer boys are a bit soft, i wasnt saying they're tough. i was just saying that not only wogs play soccer in Aus.
Its all good mate... just taking the ****...

John Hopoate is a freak of nature and a disgrace not only to Rugby League but to all humanity...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #42
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sucks man. I really dont see what the AFL would do about it though. As with most sports these days its a business. Gone are the days when people played it for the love of it. Its just money to them.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #43
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ferris01,Don't like your chances of it doing any good if you complain maybe next time try for tickets in a better area. Not a good intro to afl for your younguns.

Still having said that write your letter and put just like you have here see what eventuates...and stick to the NRL.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 08-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #44
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep just a little guy to them. If a lot of people complained it might be worth something though.

When i go to the footy im not there to watch the footy. Im there to watch the cheerleaders :P
Old 08-08-2005, 03:30 PM   #45
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So did you ask security to ask the loud mouths to tone down the language? If not how would they know there was a problem?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #46
FordFan86
meow

If you think your experience was bad DO NOT go to a port power match...
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:46 PM   #47
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

lol @ Rugby, what a poor excuse for a sport that is, requires no skill at all hehe :
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 05:08 PM   #48
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris01
Yes can we get back to the complaint....I took my three boys to the game yesterday aged 9,8,6. This was our very first game Lions vs Hawthorne. When I purchased the tickets I was told how great it is for the family. When we got to the game our seats were behind the goal post in amongst some of the Hawthorne fans. This did not worry me as we are really not huge fans of the game but we wanted to see the lions play before we left Brisbane at the end of the year.

Everything was fine, got pelted with footballs during the warm-up and the kids thought this was great. It was when the game started that our fun ended. Every second word that came out of the Hawthorne supporters behind us was abusive and offensive. I have never heard of such language. A few of the Lions fans asked them to tone it down (due to the kids) but their response was "If you dont like it you should not have got general admission tickets explicit explicit". Some abuse was directed at us. This made the kids scared.

Towards the end of the game I was feeling very intimidated by them to the point of telling the boys just to sit and not cheer or say anthing. It was our first experience at an AFL and I am sorry to say unfortunatley it will probably be our last.

I need to add that we have taken the kids to numerous NRL games in Townsville with the cowboys (which was fantastic for the kids) and to Lang Park with the Broncos and State of Origin and have always had an excellent family day out. We have never come across this type of intimidation and abusive language before at any NRL games.

I guess we are just really disappointed and I think the AFL should know. I just wanted my boys to have a good experience but all they got was a new vocab which I dont want them repeating and they now know what it is like to be scared.

I will still watch the Lions play on TV but I think in the future we will stick with going to see an NRL game.

Oh and go the Broncos in the Final....
Heh I know im going to cop flak for this opinion but so be it.

Frankly that is football of almost every code I have played and watched, get over it. Rugby League is all of a sudden a bastion of family values? Give me strength! Anywhere there is full contact competition you will find those vocal about supporting, and not with responses such as "Oh too bad that umpire made a bad call, gee whizz golly."

I've played both codes of Rugby, Soccer and Gridiron, and go to the AFL/SANFL almost every week, and this "family friendly atmosphere" i've never seen. And frankly, dont want to see.

The kids who were at the grounds in the 70's survived(I certainly did) with worse going on around the field(And on it I might add), yours will too I'm sure.

If you want it homogonised, buy a big screen TV and wrap the kids in bubble wrap.

And before anyone pipes up with dribble, yes I am a Father.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 08-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #49
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Heh I know im going to cop flak for this opinion but so be it.

Frankly that is football of almost every code I have played and watched, get over it. Rugby League is all of a sudden a bastion of family values? Give me strength! Anywhere there is full contact competition you will find those vocal about supporting, and not with responses such as "Oh too bad that umpire made a bad call, gee whizz golly."

I've played both codes of Rugby, Soccer and Gridiron, and go to the AFL/SANFL almost every week, and this "family friendly atmosphere" i've never seen. And frankly, dont want to see.

The kids who were at the grounds in the 70's survived(I certainly did) with worse going on around the field(And on it I might add), yours will too I'm sure.

If you want it homogonised, buy a big screen TV and wrap the kids in bubble wrap.

And before anyone pipes up with dribble, yes I am a Father.
nicely said sb and a very true statement, thats half the fun of going to those sort of games, you see the p!ssed yobo's going off at every call :monkes:

and to set the record straight, what kind of a manly game involves men jumping on other men's backs, men being to scared to take a tackle instead they try and be tough by punching the ball away(instead of another player) and simply have to kick a ball through either one of the 4 post's instead of evading a team of big rough guys to score a try! Gayfl is all it is.
Now muay thai...thats a mans sport :thebirds:

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #50
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
lol @ Rugby, what a poor excuse for a sport that is, requires no skill at all hehe :
i pity you, i don't blame you though there's alot of : these days

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 06:34 PM   #51
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Ok so I asked for it and should expect the to be abused, insulted, heckled and I also gave them permission to abuse, heckle and insult my kids...I THINK NOT!!!!! SB
Old 08-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #52
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

I did not say anything at the time as the kids were upset about what was going on and I did not want to put them thru anymore....anyway will let you know how I go with it all...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:44 PM   #53
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Noone said you asked for it. But yes when you sit behind the goals in the cheer squad area for an AFL match, especially where the Opposing Cheer Squad is, EXPECT it.

I'm sure the AFL will be happy to pay for the counsellors for such combat trauma.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 08-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #54
rodderz

Good to see the thread got back on topic.....

I think it depends on the where you're sitting watching too.... There are always some groups, very loyal to their teams, a few sherbets under the belt who are very loud and abusive. Usually behind the goals or scattered around the ground. It's not as bad as it used to be though. I've been to a lot of afl games behind the goals (with drunken collingwood supporters!!) as well as some local rugby league games in central QLD and there are always a select few who can be like that. Still, it's understandable how you and your kids felt being around that

By all means a compaint could be sent to the AFL but this sort of supporting will always be there.... it's just a bad form of larrikinism (is that a word?)
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #55
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Just thought I would let everyone know that I heard from the Lions and they are not happy. They have offered tickets to the next game for the entire family...
Old 17-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #56
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

After all that Off topic stuff, I'm glad to hear someone is trying to put things right for you... here's hopin its a better experience all round.
Old 17-08-2005, 08:14 PM   #57
AdzT3-146
own the road

good to hear they are trying to compensate you. twist their arm a bit and ask for coporate box seats
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Old 18-08-2005, 10:06 AM   #58
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris01
Just thought I would let everyone know that I heard from the Lions and they are not happy. They have offered tickets to the next game for the entire family...
Another blow struck for peace, justice, and the American way.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 18-08-2005, 10:19 AM   #59
losfp

Good to hear they're offering to make good. No club, whether they are in the NRL, AFL etc etc, wants to alienate supporters or potential supporters. I've been going to games in the NRL, AFL, the old NSL, NBL for 10 years, and I can tell you that there's always idiots in every crowd. The only games I've been to where there isn't that nasty feralness has been the times we've been to the netball (but it helps when the average age of the crowd is 10!)

Some tips for a pleasant family-friendly day out at the footy.

- Go to a day game. You're much less likely to encounter large groups of lads out to drink and have a laugh.
- Get reserved seating, preferably in the stands. The aforementioned large packs of drunks tend to all get general admission for the value factor, they're not really there to support the footy at all.
- Stay away from the cheer squads or supporter groups. They get all the attention focussed on them. If there's going to be trouble, that's where it'll be.
- See if you can get seats in a non-alcoholic area, or family area. I know the Swans have 2 concourse bays that are alcohol-free, for families who don't want to put up with the aforementioned idiots.

Hope the next experience is better!

(Lions are unlikely to play better for the rest of this year though - their injury list is horrendous, and they got smashed by the mighty mighty Bloods out at Homebush last weekend - great day out for me! )
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post