Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-08-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
xyute
A.k.a wolf159

Default AU Fairmont

I just spotted this 11/98 Au Fairmont in the local dealership..
He wants 11,500 for it, she has 93,236km on the clock, is this a good price or what?

Are there any issue's with the early AU's?
What should I be looking for?

xyute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 08:12 PM   #2
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyute
I just spotted this 11/98 Au Fairmont in the local dealership..
He wants 11,500 for it, she has 93,236km on the clock, is this a good price or what?

Are there any issue's with the early AU's?
What should I be looking for?
You should be looking for NRMA or RACV number to get a vehicle inspection.This will give you a good idea of what the car is like.

Do note though that that car will need shocks,suspension etc as it gets up on kays..

O and check for noisy lifters.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #3
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I guess each car should be judged on its merits, look at anything you would look at on any car, the colour of the oil, the trans fluid, noises, brakes, rubbers etc... If you really want to get a better price, ask the dealer to put it on a hoist with the wheels off for your inspection. Go there with a tire iron and a digital camera. Check the bushes and rubbers with the tire iron, take photographs of things (if they look bad or not) and take some notes on a peice of paper. (this is much to do about the appearance more than the notes) Ask for the history of the car etc...
I think if they have $11500 on the car they would be likely to accept $9500 or $10000 cash. Ask questions like " so with fuel prices increases like they have been have you noticed less demand for bigger cars like this"? - He will say no, but its all about the psychology of the sale - its a dance, the better you can dance and play the game the better your deal.
I saw a 99 Falcon S Pac with minor cosmetic damage (front bumper missing) and only 72000 k's go out at auction for $3900 last thursday (my max bid was $2500!) It was a really clean car apart from the missing bar. Normally I would have secured this car with a $2500 bid, but the auction that day had too many people. You might want to check the auction price before you buy (buyer beware - no warranty.)
TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post