Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Default Anyone heard about Dealpath?

Hey guys,
I'm applying for a job as a car sales cadet, through a training company called Dealpath, now they apparently cater to dealers in VIC, NSW and QLD to train and distribute cadets.

Now I was wondering had anyone heard of them here, like the sponsors or anything, because their training fee is quite hefty so I dont want to jump into something that may never come to anything.

If you guys have any info at all let me know

pmpdau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
RATT
In a Pug..

I've heard of them because I went through them to get into the industry. It is entirely upto you how well you go with them and the industry. It's abit tough trying to get in now too.
RATT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

So I'm assuming seeing you used them, they;re not going to charge me 5000 then leave me high and dry lol.
Is the money that they charge worth it? I know that how I pay it back is up to how hard I work etc, but do the benefits of going through them outweigh looking for a career by yourself?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpdau
So I'm assuming seeing you used them, they;re not going to charge me 5000 then leave me high and dry lol.
Is the money that they charge worth it? I know that how I pay it back is up to how hard I work etc, but do the benefits of going through them outweigh looking for a career by yourself?
Up to you mate. They guarantee you a job, and will keep trying till they get you in. I can't speak highly enough of them, especially Joe and Maria who are the owners. You will learn alot off them.
We may need to take this to pm's rather than public.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Whats the difference between a normal dealership cadetship and paying $5,000 to do a cadetship?

Couldn't you just do a normal cadetship and use the $5,000 to help pay bills etc for 3/4 months or supplement your new income?
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Box
Whats the difference between a normal dealership cadetship and paying $5,000 to do a cadetship?

Couldn't you just do a normal cadetship and use the $5,000 to help pay bills etc for 3/4 months or supplement your new income?
Dealpath train you, and then place you. You don't pay anything back until they place you in a dealership.

Very few dealerships offer cadetships.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
Nappa
Impressive...

we recentley took on a cadet that had come through a program like this.
to be honest i dont really see the benefit from the training. they may teach you the theory of a road to a sale and other techniques, but experiance is the best training for a cadet. Learning from your mistakes, watching and listening to senior salesman is the best way for most people.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Hmmm i understand that, but I think one of the major benefits of the program is the guaranteed job at the end of the day.
I mean its on your back to keep the job....but in the current economic climate a job is becoming hard to come by.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
Nappa
Impressive...

i see your point, im lucky because i got into the game before it started to slide. Even though dealerships may not be placing ads for cadets you can still enquire with them. A lot of places will give you a shot, whether you last the 3month probation depends on entirely on your attitude and how you perform. I've seen many cadets come through who can’t even think for themselves; they can only do the jobs they are told to and have to be micro managed. Initiative is important; when I was a cadet I tried to always be busy. If I wasn’t reading up on product I would go right through all the cars. I’d even mop and clean when I had nothing to do. I know I’m ranting but I remember being in your position when I was 19 and these are the things that help me keep my job while the two cadets got the sack.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Yeah it's something that has to be done in all jobs, especially this year.
I enquired before I went to dealpath, but the main reason I was knocked back for the majority, is really just the situation at the moment which I understand.

But i think dealpath are an expensive but necessary route into a career i really want to get into at this point in time anyway, but i dont really want to wait and see if it gets better, chances are it wont.

So the theory is work my *** off for 3 months and see what happens.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #11
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

5 GRAND!!!

Sheesh, for that kind of money I'd go to my favorite dealer (if I had one) and tell them that I'd work for half wages for two months or so.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #12
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Haha, but that is over a period of time that you pay that.....and I doubt any dealer would give you a job under that offer, they're looking for somewhat trained people in a time where sales really count.

I could go down there and say that i'll work for half wages but i could be the worst saleman in history and waste them 1000's training me...
Old 13-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpdau
Haha, but that is over a period of time that you pay that.....and I doubt any dealer would give you a job under that offer, they're looking for somewhat trained people in a time where sales really count.

I could go down there and say that i'll work for half wages but i could be the worst saleman in history and waste them 1000's training me...
but mate when you walk out of that course you still wont be trained. They teach only the theory of a sale, its called the road to a sale plus the 6 position sell, but thats about .2% of what you need to know. And while it will be handy to know these process's it will not make a huge difference.
They even teach you how to introduce yourself to a customer........
Old 13-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #14
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Yeah I understand that and most likely I will know 98% of .2% they are training me about.
But at the end of it all I can have a job in the industry the money will be well spent...thats just my opinion.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #15
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Interesting first post.......
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #16
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
5 GRAND!!!

Sheesh, for that kind of money I'd go to my favorite dealer (if I had one) and tell them that I'd work for half wages for two months or so.
Unfortunately that is illegal as is working for free to demonstrate your skills.

Good old government here to help us again......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #17
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Unfortunately that is illegal as is working for free to demonstrate your skills.

Good old government here to help us again......
what about work exp? thats basically free labour
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post