Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #31
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a few SS HWY cars when i was in Adelaide and South Aust last week

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #32
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In Vic it seems to be about 50/50 SS or XR8 to 6cyl ratio. The term 'pursuit car' is sotra obsolete now as cops aren't meant to chase over a certain speed, a speed that any Falcon or Commo can do quite easily. But cops regularly need to be somewhere else fast.. sometimes not for the most legitimate of reasons so I guess that's why they have such fast cars. Motor is secondary to 99.999% of road users, the sight of blue/white squares and flashing lights is warning enough for me to stop when requested... I don't need to assess their KW rating Vs. my own when deciding to pull over or not.

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #33
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I think your looking at this the wrong way.

The chap in the VR has one priority.. escape. He would not give a toss who is in the way, what laws are broken in doing so and whatever worst case scenario could arise from his actions.

The police on the other hand has 2 priorities.. getting the chap in the VR, but trying to do so in as safe a manner as possible, seeing as the safety of the innocent public around the chase are as much, if not more of a priority than getting the bad guy.

Vehicle grunt has little to do with it.

Why are many chases like this called off?... certainly not because the cop cars were not up to the task by being underpowered.
Thank you for trying to provide some commonsense and logic to some threads that could do with it. For what it's worth.

P.S. the rodent catching thread just made my day

Last edited by XDV800; 05-02-2010 at 08:27 PM.
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #34
prydey
Rob

i like how someone standing on the footpath can tell the speed of a car going past!
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 AM   #35
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

today's police cars are such rubbish, the government is more interested in having a nice car to flog back to Joe public at the government auctions each wednesday, such a shame we don't have the old police cars that actually had a chance of catching someone.

Give us back cars like these to chase the crims. XD and XE interceptors, 351 V8 4 speed cars, better than the garbage nowdays that are so weighed down with standard equipment and choked by euro emissions regulations that they can't even get the pizza back to the station before its cold.

I mean you know a police car is good when it starts as this

gets purchased by a little known racing driver and turned into a bathurst winning car.

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 AM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrules
today's police cars are such rubbish, the government is more interested in having a nice car to flog back to Joe public at the government auctions each wednesday, such a shame we don't have the old police cars that actually had a chance of catching someone.

Give us back cars like these to chase the crims. XD and XE interceptors, 351 V8 4 speed cars, better than the garbage nowdays that are so weighed down with standard equipment and choked by euro emissions regulations that they can't even get the pizza back to the station before its cold.
I've noticed that one of the requirements of Vic Police is that you have to be able to drive a manual car, but all their patrol and highway patrol cars are autos :togo:

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 06-02-2010 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Quoting pics on same page
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post