Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up FPV Hints at FPV FIESTA !!!

Meanwhile, the chairman of FPV’s majority shareholder Prodrive, David Richards, says the brand should expand into other models in the Ford line-up beyond the locally-made Falcon.

“I think the FPV brand is so well established with the performance vehicles of Ford Motor Company now I see no logic why it couldn’t become the performance brand of all Ford vehicles from Fiesta through everything.

Old 26-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they do it (Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo), it needs to be a permanent fixture in their line-up.

With prominent marketing.

Otherwise it will be overlooked and FPV will still be viewed by Joe Public as a Falcon Performance Vehicles.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Fled74
The Thread Killa

If this means the Mountune Fiesta and the Focus RS will be coming here, I'm all for it.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll believe it when I see it in my dealers showroom, and when that happens I'll be there with a cheque in full to buy one the second they take it off the truck. Would be great, but I doubt that will happen. The XR4 didn't have all that much success when you look at it, the second hand market for them barley exists, and prices are being slashed the sell them.I know of two dealers who still have 08 stock...
Old 26-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I doubt they'll do it. Ford Oz are pussies when it comes to any sports models other than the falcon really.

Id change over ours for a mountune as well...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And if they do decide to get some balls and produce an FPV Fiesta, they'll do it as a 3-Door Troy! But seriously, why not make an FPV version? We've got some fantastic product, the Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, just sitting there being wasted. I know development costs would be high on a low volume product, but why not use cars like the Focus RS and rebadge it as an FPV? All the benefit and not much development costs. If Ford do an ST/XR4 Fiesta, then expect an RS too. And by account, expect an XR4
Old 27-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

As long as FPV dont buy Titanium and the re badge it "FPV"

LOL
Old 28-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
zbeasty

I had enough of waiting for Ford Aus/FPV to do something with a smaller car so went and put a deposit on a Golf R last weekend.
zbeasty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbeasty
I had enough of waiting for Ford Aus/FPV to do something with a smaller car so went and put a deposit on a Golf R last weekend.
Nice move mate. I reckon Ford/FPV is such a wuss at introducing such performance cars and one would think that if the large car is a dying breed (hence Ford and Holden (GM's) failure especially in the states along with an increase in the small to medium car market), one would think "hmm maybe we should look into something smaller but still with plenty of power and fun". That's why brands like VW etc are so successful because they react to the demand of the current market and offer a wide range of products to cater for the various niches.

Even though the Ford Fiesta is going well so far (despite the various niggles with it), I'll be sure to buy a VW Golf R the moment I can afford it again (and the green light from the boss) LOL.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

How is that a hint? It's nothing more than a statement.
Old 28-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #11
Cyborg1978

Ford Australia won't do small FPV, Pro drive uk don't so FPV won't it's a shame but for a few more sales there not going to do it
Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #12
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
I reckon Ford/FPV is such a wuss at introducing such performance cars and one would think that if the large car is a dying breed.
Ford had the XR4, has the XR5, and it's traditional large car performance sedans. HSV did it with the Astra, and look at how well that sold. Albeit they didn't really market it or bother to change half the badges, but they had the model none the less and it did nothing.

Quote:
Would think "hmm maybe we should look into something smaller but still with plenty of power and fun". That's why brands like VW etc are so successful because they react to the demand of the current market and offer a wide range of products to cater for the various niches.
Did you maybe think about the cost of developing such a model? And for what, a few sales a month? Look, FPV don't have the global bank account or market to do this. They are a small performance based company in Australia with input from Prodrive and Ford. Not like VW. They'd have to charge $70,000 for the darn thing to break even, and at that price I'd have an F6 Typhoon thanks. FPV are reliant on Ford of Europe developing RS models, and currently there would be no point bringing the Focus RS as the Focus is about to be replaced. VW on the other hand is a global company, and have cars they can access and sell in Australia.

Quote:
Even though the Ford Fiesta is going well so far (despite the various niggles with it), I'll be sure to buy a VW Golf R the moment I can afford it.
You said it yourself in a previous post, this will be your last Ford so it's no great loss to Ford then really is it? When Ford of Europe produce an RS Fiesta, and FPV don't bring it over bag them all you want, I don't think they'd bring it over but that's just speculation. But as it stands, they don't have one so it's pointless trying to make one, as much as I'd love an FPV Fiesta.
Old 28-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

A lot of very valid, thought out points in the above post.
Old 28-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #14
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
I reckon Ford/FPV is such a wuss at introducing such performance cars and one would think that if the large car is a dying breed (hence Ford and Holden (GM's) failure especially in the states along with an increase in the small to medium car market), one would think "hmm maybe we should look into something smaller but still with plenty of power and fun".
Its been small and SUV segments that have had the large increase. Medium has not done better or worse in oz.

But I would like them to bring the RS here.